Our client, an elevated women's brand based in NYC, is seeking a Patternmaker to join their team on a freelance basis. You will be working closely with the technical designer on Blouses, Shirts, Pants, Jumpsuits, Bralettes, Skirts and Dresses.
- Finalize basic blocks for silhouettes and providing graded measurements.
- Meeting with product designers to discuss the base design.
- Reading and interpreting design sketches to actual.
- Creating Patterns using computer drafting software and freehand techniques.
- Measuring, Cutting, and designing patterns in the material required.
- Double-checking the pattern dimensions and style.
- Sending the initial pattern for a manufacturing check.
- Meeting with designers to review the final product.
- Tweaking the pattern and filing the design.
- Weekly Reporting to managers.
- Grading the pattern for future sizes.
- 10-12 years experience in patternmaking
Please submit your resume for consideration.
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.