Freelance Technical Designer
Client Overview:Our client is an iconic fashion brand offering unique, eye catching apparel and accessories. This role will be working on women’s contemporary woven and knit dresses, jumpsuits and skirts.
Technical Designer Responsibilities:
- Communicate fit, construction, and quality issues to overseas manufacturers.
- In charge of maintaining fit consistency using fit models and dress forms.
- Review all aspects of BOM, Care, and labeling purposes.
- Create and maintain technical aspects of the tech pack, including measurements, tolerances, graded measurement specs, detailed fit comments, any pattern corrections.
- Work closely with design, logistics, and sales teams from market stage through production.
- Track and manage workflow to ensure that seasonal deadlines are met.
Technical Designer Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Design, dresses experience is a must
- Experience fitting on models and determining fit corrections
- Experience in illustrating pattern corrections and fit comments
- Knowledge of apparel development process from inception through production
- Computer skills including proficiency in software