Freelance Technical Designer, Women's Dresses
Client Overview: Recognized as a true lifestyle and destination brand for footwear, handbags and accessories, sold in over 80 countries worldwide.
Position Overview: As the freelance Technical Designer, you will support the technical team with strong technical design proficiencies, including knowledge of all areas of technical design in women’s apparel, patternmaking, and garment construction.
Technical Designer Responsibilities:
- Manage samples and measure incoming garments and review sample details and maintain tracking reports of sample status.
- Conduct fittings and manage all technical requirements to develop and execute processes in product development while maintaining brand aesthetics and fit standards.
- Manage the fit approval process
- Develop and edit Tech Packs, documenting fit comments, specifications, and bill of materials and create and maintain written reports and records ,as needed.
- Manage fit and construction approval process with cross-functional partners to meet all deadlines and raise issues to appropriate level for resolution in a timely manner.
- Communicate clear direction to overseas offices and factories to support brand quality and on-time delivery of products.
Technical Designer Qualifications:
- Degree in Technical Design or Patternmaking.
- 5+ years experience in Technical Design in the apparel industry.
- Strong understanding of fit and patternmaking; women's apparel a MUST.