Freelance Visual Merchandiser
ABOUT SEED BRKLYN
Seed Brklyn is a multi-brand retailer, art experiential space, and cafe located in Bed Stuy, Brooklyn. More than just a brand, Seed is an environment cultivated by many minds--a collective of makers, artists, and designers. With a planned launch in October 2022, Seed seeks to push the boundaries of the typical retail experience, with a special emphasis on re-cultivating Brooklyn’s history of growing notable and independent talent. Seed is for the creatively-oriented, culture conscious, and aesthetically-driven.We are seeking a creative and fast-learning Freelance Visual Merchandiser to support our grand opening in October 2022, for a two-to-four week contract beginning mid September. The Freelance Visual Merchandiser will report into the Retail General Manager and Founder/Creative Director and will implement and set up visual directives and standards for interior merchandising, windows, and opening weekend events.
- Implement and maintain visual displays and merchandising to maximize store business;
- Execute display for windows, merchandising and opening weekend events;
- Partner with Retail General Manager to best support opening needs;
- Follow all visual directives via photographs and company visual campaign books when executing store set-ups.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience;
- Must be very flexible with hours of work and be comfortable with ever changing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule for two to four weeks which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays and availability to work ad hoc overnights to meet urgent deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail and passion to work quickly/efficiently to meet deadlines.
Compensation will be competitive. The position will be contractual for a two-to-four week engagement period.