Freelance Women's Designer
American specialty retailer and direct marketer seeking a Freelance Women's Designer to join their team!
What You’ll Do:
- Assists in identifying seasonal fashion direction, merchandise trends and client needs for the area of responsibility.
- Assists in the execution of tech packs, both flat and technical sketches, pitch sheets and trim sheets.
- Contributes to conceptualization and implementation of the line. Prepares presentation boards highlighting fabric, flats, and figure sketches. Assists in set up of all Concept presentations.
- Participates in line assortment building and line presentations with the goal of creating a cohesive and exciting collection.
- Assists in research and development for trims and print and pattern.
- Attends all fittings and provides input/feedback as necessary. Keeps detailed notes from all fittings.
- Facilitates and administers interoffice communication.
- Adheres to calendar and attends all meetings as required.
- Researches competitive markets.
- People Management
- Builds collaborative relationships with vendors and internal clients
- Interfaces professionally and works effectively in group settings
- Assists in executing designs to the Conceptual Assortment Plan slots while staying within the pre-determined development ratios.
- Continues to develop and increase understanding of Talbot’s customer.
- Key partners include: Product Management, Merchandising, Fabric and Color teams, Technical Design, and Vendors.
Who You Are:
- Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop required.
- Experience working with WebPDM.