Freelance Womenswear Designer
LEAU is an online luxury ready to wear brand based in Los Angeles focusing on delivering premium quality clothing meant to last.
We are expanding to meet the demands of our fast growing company - and we’re looking for a cutting edge Freelance Womenswear Designer to join our team. You will work with the founder directly to implement and execute concepts, stories and collections through design.
- Conceptualize and create new and innovative designs, staying up to date on the latest trends
- Develop flats and sketches for all design ideas aligned with aesthetic, collections and vision
- Manage fabric development; sourcing textiles and trims when needed
- Engage in all aspects of design process from development through production; attending fittings, reviewing all samples, changing sketches as needed
- Collaborate with the Technical Designer and other cross-functional partners
- Maintain and ensure all designs follow LEAU standards
- Proven 2-3 years of experience in WOMENSWEAR minimum
- Degree in Apparel Manufacturing, Product Development or Apparel Design preferred
- Los Angeles based preferred
- Experience in color, fabric, and garment construction
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- Excellent communication, organization and attention to detail
- Knowledge of developing custom fabrics is a plus
This will be a contracted position working together on a project by project basis. Only applications with resumes AND portfolios will be considered - thank you!