Frasers Group are currently looking for a Frontend Architect to join our enthusiastic, motivated, and delivery focused agile team. IT at Frasers Group is delivered by the in-house team who are passionate about what they do and are not dependent on outsourced organisations to deliver the core systems. We present an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology and wants to deliver the absolute best that they can and keep innovation at the forefront. There is a wealth of opportunity for training as well as on the job learning. We have a £5,000 per head annual training budget within IT, as well as bonus schemes including our Frasers Champion where 8 peer nominated winners earn double their monthly salary for their outstanding performance.
This role is available on a remote basis with occasional office presence in Shirebrook when required. You must have the right to work in the UK.
You will be joining our Ecommerce Platform Engineering team where our mission is to provide innovative and reliable websites, mobile applications, and platform tools that enable best-in-class Digital Marketing, Trading, UX, Payments, and Fulfilment. Our platforms run over 50 websites - including some of the biggest names in Retail such as Sports Direct and House of Fraser.
You should be able to write clean, maintainable, efficient, robust, highly scalable, reusable, secure and high performing application components and services. You will follow the best development practices, secure development process, coding standards, documentation and methodologies such as Agile/Scrum.
You will define frontend software architecture, explore existing systems, determine areas of complexity and potential risks to successful implementation of advanced visualisations.
Working closely with tech leads, design, product management and architects to create elegant, reusable and responsive UI components that integrate with our micro-services.
An opportunity like this at Frasers is for the fearless. The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles:
- Think without limits and take the team with you
- Own it and back yourself
- Don't hesitate and act with purpose
- Be commercial and customer-focused.
- 5+ years experience in a frontend architecture role
- Single page applications, HTML5, CSS3 and responsive design
- Caching, minification, bundling techniques to improve front end performance
- Experience integrating with a CDN to optimize resource bandwidth
- Front end monitoring tools
- Communication skills to bridge the gap between business stakeholders and engineering teams
- Able to provide mentoring and technical guidance to the wider development team, encouraging a culture of learning and knowledge sharing