Full Time Merchandise Leader / Manager
TJX is an exciting place to work and we count on our Associates to bring our business to life. Staying true to our open, collaborative culture and values of honesty, integrity, and treating each other with dignity and respect is a top priority for us.
Responsible for ensuring the execution of merchandise presentation plans and priorities for assigned departments. Ensures an excellent customer experience by engaging and interacting with all customers, and maintaining a clean and organized store.
- Role models exceptional customer service
- Creates a positive internal and external customer experience
- Promotes a culture of honesty and integrity; maintains confidentiality
- Accurately processes and prepares merchandise for the sales floor following company procedures and standards
- Maintains and upholds merchandising philosophy and follows established merchandising procedures and standards
- Maintains current, fresh, and fashionable features
- Takes an active role in training and mentoring Associates on merchandise guidelines, protection standards and established best methods
- Ensures Associates execute tasks and daily activities in accordance with store plan; reprioritizes as needed
- Communicates accurately and effectively with management and Associates when setting and addressing priorities; provides period progress updates
- Processes cash register transactions accurately and efficiently according to established policy and procedure
- Maintains all organizational, cleanliness, and recovery standards for the sales floor and participates in the maintenance/cleanliness of the entire store
- Provides and accepts ongoing recognition and constructive feedback
- Partners with Management on Associate training needs to increase effectiveness
- Ensures adherence to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
- Promotes credit and loyalty programs during customer interactions
- Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
- Promotes safety awareness and supports maintenance of a risk-free environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs, including nights and weekends
- Superior organizational skills with attention to detail
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
- Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Capable of lifting heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to train others
- One year retail and 6 months of leadership experience
We're reinventing retail and helping people discover that next find that's going to be their new signature look. You can be a part of their journey to look amazing.
Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different. In fact, that's what it's like throughout the entire TJX family, which includes TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense.