Full Time Merchandising Assistant Manager, Levi's® Outlet Store 243, Grand Prairie, Texas
Current LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.
Job descriptionJOB DESCRIPTION
You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.
Assistant Store Manager is an integral part of the store management team by developing the store team and contributing to the successful implementation of strategies and operational excellence that ensure brand equity, customer satisfaction and financial growth. Assumes responsibility for store in the absence of Store Manager and/or Associate Store Manager.
About the Role
- Demonstrates strong business acumen; understand organizational objectives and strategically prioritize and budget in partnership with Store Manager to align with company priorities and values
- Works with the Store Manager to develop and flex store business strategies, initiatives, and growth across all categories; communicates goals to the team, track store's performance to meet or exceed established store and individual sales and performance goals daily
- Lead and participate in training process for new hires and current employees on LS&CO culture, product knowledge, service practices, loss prevention, store policy and programs and other associate responsibilities.
- Support the Store Manager though execution of all performance management tools, including annual performance review, to set expectations, coach and contribute to an environment that encourages engagement, retention and talent. Manage minor employee relation issues and deliver formal performance feedback in partnership with store management.
- Recruits and interviews for positions underneath hierarchy and provide recommendations for new hires
- Understand and comply with all Levi's® Stores policy, procedure, and programs
- Accountable for managing and holding others accountable for operational results in store procedures, payroll management, cash handling and inventory control
- Lead merchandising team to execute store visual standards in accordance with visual merchandising direction, resulting in timely and flawless product presentation and housekeeping standards.
- Perform and supervise store opening and closing procedures including counting register funds, completing bank deposits, opening and closing registers and securing facility
- Adopt and advocate for the new technology, policy or program rolled-out in store.
- Effectively communicate with the management team to align and help drive business strategy, create environment that encourages engagement.
- Supervises store team in the absence of another member of management.
- Creates a high energy, compelling store experience by engaging consumers and modeling appropriate service behaviors to other associates, supervising and providing consistent coaching on sales training process in order to ensure the highest level of service and sales.
- Proactively resolve consumer concerns in a manner consistent with company policy and with consumer satisfaction in mind. Partner with store management on elevated consumer issues.
- Maintains interior and exterior upkeep of building with partnership from the corporate office; communicating needs to ensure esthetic and safety requirements are met
- Ensures required store tasks are completed timely and effectively by personally contributing and giving direction to other team members when necessary
- Enjoy being busy and juggling multiple tasks, accomplishing multiple tasks in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- You are a collaborative role model exhibiting behaviors aligned with company culture of inclusion and belonging.
- Is self-starter with a growth mindset, enjoys learning new tools and adaptable to new initiatives
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening, weekend and holiday shifts
- Ability to perform all essential job functions and able to lift up to 40 pounds. While performing the duties of the job the employee may be required to stand, walk, kneel, squat, crouch, bend, stoop, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, to type, reach overhead, and climb ladders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- 3+ years progressive retail leadership experience and proven skills in supervising, coaching and training; exhibits discretion, professional judgement, tact and diplomacy.
- Must have reliable transportation
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
BUILD A DIVERSE & INCLUSIVE CULTURE
OWN THE RESULT
LEAD BY EXAMPLE
CONSUMER AT THE CORE
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
Our policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. We have established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.