Full-time Visual Merchandiser - Woodinville McLendon Hardware
Reports to: Store Manager
Days Off: VariesPosition Summary
The primary responsibility of the Visual Merchandiser is to plan, design and install the overall look of the interior and exterior of the retail store and its merchandise while ensuring it is consistent with McLendon Hardware standards in order to elevate brand awareness, increase sales and customers. This position works under minimal supervision and must work closely with Store Managers, Visual Merchandiser II, and other Team Members as needed.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Overall Store Appearance – Active participation in maintaining overall look and feel of store. Partners with Store Manager to plan and prioritize merchandising tasks. Arranges displays as shown in prepared diagrams.
- Leadership – Leads the store in brand presentation and company visual merchandising standards. Provides training on visual merchandising as necessary.
- Signage – Maintains signage and ensures prices are displayed accurately throughout all departments, including promotional and seasonal displays.
- Buyer Zones/End Caps – Sets up and maintains designated buyer zones and end caps. Works with Team Members to ensure areas are well stocked at all times and adapts as necessary. Changes or rotates displays to reflect changes in inventory and promotions. Utilizes brand knowledge and individual creativity for non-designated end caps, clip strips, promotional areas, and seasonal areas. Cross-merchandises when appropriate to encourage add-on sales.
- Stock – Works with Team Members to ensure merchandise is consistently faced, both on the sales floor and in back stock. Ensures sales floor and back stock areas are neat, clean and clear of excess merchandise.
- Safety – Maintains a safe sales floor by securing racks and shelves, stocking heavy items on bottom shelves, securing merchandise, and making sure lids are tight. Recognizes and resolves safety issues in a timely manner. Coordinates with Managers and other Team Members for the proper safe implementation of display designs.
- Sales Impact – Recognizes the impact that visual display has on increasing sales and continually utilizes sales information when making display decisions.
- Assists customers, as needed, by answering questions and directing them to needed merchandise.
- Be aware of and actively search for innovative methods to meet changing markets and customer needs.
- Assists with department resets.
- Assembles and disassembles merchandise as needed.
- Partners with Visual Merchandising Team Members for special projects.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Associates Degree with a concentration in marketing, visual merchandising, interior design or other related field preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years visual merchandising experience in multi-channel required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and lift merchandise for the majority of the workday and lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, take initiative, detail oriented, organized and be able to multi-task efficiently.
- Must have the ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to be forklift certified.
- Must have basic computer knowledge including Office Suite, email and internet.
- Must have the ability to read and write English and have basic math skills.
- Must be dependable. Due to the nature and responsibilities of this position, dependable regular attendance is required.