Full Time Visual Merchandising Manager
EXPR is a multi-brand fashion retailer whose portfolio includes Express, Bonobos and UpWest. The Company operates an omnichannel platform as well as physical and online stores. Grounded in a belief that style, quality and value should all be found in one place, Express is a brand with a purpose - We Create Confidence. We Inspire Self-Expression. - powered by a styling community. Bonobos is a menswear brand known for exceptional fit and an innovative retail model. UpWest is an apparel, accessories and home goods brand with a purpose to Provide Comfort for People & Planet.
The Company has over 530 Express retail and Express Factory Outlet stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, the Express.com online store and the Express mobile app; over 60 Bonobos Guideshop locations and the Bonobos.com online store; and 13 UpWest retail stores and the UpWest.com online store. EXPR is traded on the NYSE under the symbol EXPR. For more information about our Company, please vis it www.express.com/investor and for more information about our brands, please visit www.express.com , www.bonobos.com or www.upwest.com .
ResponsibilitiesLocation: Opry Mills Mall
The Associate Manager s upports the store manager in managing store operations, recruiting, management, training and sales functions, drives productivity, compliance with company policies, and creates a great in-store shopping experience for our customers.
Talent - Attract, hire, develop, inspire, and retain top talent
- Support an environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of the store morale.
- Focus all store associates on creating an environment built on team work and inspiring a "one team" mentality.
- Coach, teach, train, recognize and manage all aspects of performance and development for all store associates up to and including Sales Leaders, to encourage professional growth and build a bench of talent.
- Identify high performing store associates and assist in their growth.
- Develop and maximize the success of store associates to achieve sales potential and customer experience.
- Attract and hire store associates, up to and including Sales Leaders.
- Analyze the business and execute/communicate clear action plans that optimize results.
- Manage all aspects of daily store operations.
- Ensure all store associates have clarity on goals and action plans.
- Provide feedback to help support the creation of clear action plans that optimize results.
- Manage and delegate workload and ensure execution of plans and strategies across the store.
- Maintain adherence to Company Policies and ensures the safety of store associates and Customers.
- Manage merchandise flow, such as shipment, replenishment, and omni-channel operations, throughout the store.
- Optimize sales/operations opportunity, by leading the associates consistently executes merchandising strategies, operations, loyalty programs and other company initiatives.
- With approval of the Store Manager, builds an effective schedule with the right associate in the right place at the right time.
- S upport and develop a store environment focused on consistently delivering a great in-store customer experience.
- Resolve customer complaints to a positive outcome. Determines source of issues and takes initiative to identify and resolve.
- Lead consistent focus on delivering a great customer experience
- Create a culture of proactive customer engagement to exceed our customer's expectations.
- Drive loyalty and credit card acquisition through an engaged store team.
- Create positive in-store experience through visual standards.
- Education: High School or Equivalent
- Years of Experience: 3-5 of relevant job experience
- Proficient in use of technology (iPad, registers)
- Meets defined availability criteria, including nights, weekends and non-business hours
- Meets physical requirements
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Proven ability to drive sales results
- Strong supervisory, communication and customer service skills
- Minimum of two years relevant experience
- Prior people management experience
An equal opportunity employer, EXPR does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or any other terms and conditions of employment hiring on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected characteristic. EXPR only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States. EXPR is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation because of a disability to search and apply for a listed job position, please call 1-800-964-9793 and say 'Associate Relations' or send an e-mail to AssociateRelations@Express.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Notification to Agencies : Please note that EXPR does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, EXPR will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.