Garment and Accessories Designer
Broken Planet is looking for a talented Garment and Accessories Designer to join their team!
Broken Planet (@brokenplanet) is among the fastest-going streetwear brands in the UK. By combining fashion and sustainability, Broken Planet was able to attain over 100 thousand customers worldwide in less than 2 years. Space-themed elements, Earth-tone colours and puff print are signatures and distinctive Broken Planet features that make the brand unique. However, one of the most important aspects of a brand is its sustainability and ethical standards. Every product is made of organic cotton or recycled materials and under ethical/fair working conditions.
Exponential growth brings more opportunities as well as challenges therefore Broken Planet is looking for talented and passionate individuals to join the team. We are looking for people with diverse skills and perspectives, empowering teamwork and celebrating differences, which are important attributes in creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
Our London Head Office is based in Hackney Wick, a vibrant and creative area, which is growing rapidly and is soon to be one of the fashion hotspots in London.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Garment Designer who will play an important role in developing and sampling new Broken Planet products.
- Create sketches and technical files for garments.
- Work closely with other members of design teams on creating and developing new collections, garments, concepts, prints and patterns from brainstorming the ideas to the final product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- We require you to execute the pattern and sewing construction for mass production, in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Create sketches and 3D virtualisations for new products.
- We require you to meet all pattern deadlines based on product managers' priorities and internal and vendor calendars.
- You will develop patterns using design sketches and development samples as a guideline.
- Maintaining accurate yield and measurement specifications for sampling, bulk production and costing.
WHO YOU ARE
- A minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on working experience.
- Have a good understanding of different fabrics/materials and how they are used best.
- You have expert knowledge of fabric development, garment construction, and fit.
- You have strong knowledge of fabric and pattern development.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary.
- 33-day holidays per year plus holiday trading.
- Work from home option.
- Free Broken Planet clothing.
- Flexible working environment and more.