Hush is a fast-growing fashion and lifestyle brand, founded 18 years ago by Mandy Watkins and now established as one of the UK’s leading online fashion retailers. We employ around 150 staff in our head office and across 30 John Lewis concessions, creating and selling a beautiful range of women’s clothing and accessories that are characterised by an elegant simplicity and laidback sense of style. Despite the challenges to the retail industry over the past 2 years, hush has continued grow – but our company culture still reflects our entrepreneurial roots and relaxed aesthetic – we love hard-working and talented people with a can-do attitude and a passion for what they do.
The team are looking for a wonderful Garment Technologist to support the Design, PD and Suppliers to develop products through all stages of the process, from sample development to production. They will need to drive a high standard of fit, construction, quality, fabric and performance integrity, as well as provide suppliers with technical data and feedback on fits, via Fit Approvals, Lab Tests and AQL, legal and safety compliance.
This candidate will also oversee the day to day running of categories and develop specification sheets for new shapes and designs, ensuring technical capability of the supply base with a view to maintain customer satisfaction and minimise returns.
- Work with the team through the development stages of the product, liaising where necessary with the relevant product teams
- Assist the senior tech to ensure samples are fully prepped and work closely with design and buying teams to ensure aesthetic and quality attributes are achieved
- Work with the senior tech to build tech packs and send out to suppliers to the required critical path.
- Maintain the Shipment sample and AQL requirements
- Upload all sample information to our tracker each season
- Participate on shared projects to deliver the business objectives
- Great organisation skills are essential
- Be able to manage your time and prioritise your workload in a fast-paced environment
- Have working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Have fantastic ability to build and manage relationships with colleagues and suppliers, being open in communications
- Enjoy working in a close team but also the ability to take initiative and work independently
- Have excellent attention to detail
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications are encouraged from individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships