The Garment Technologist, (categories Outerwear, Wovens and Denim) plays a vital role in ensuring Holzweiler products are accurately made, fit-for-purpose and in line with brand vision.
The key relationships for the role are with the product developer, designer, pattern maker and the production and buying manager, who together will lead the end-to-end product creation process.
The role is based in the Oslo HQ and reports to the Head of Garment Technology.
- Work with Design, Product Development, and cross-functional teams forseasonal and runway demands.
- Receiving information from Product Development and Design teams on new style launches.
- Collaorating with designers and pattern makers to analyze garment fit and make necessary adjustments to patterns or samples to achieve the desired fit and comfort.
- Technical specifications: Creating and maintaining detailed technical specifications for each garment, including construction methods, materials, measurements, and finishing techniques.
- Create size chart for all developed styles for basic size.
- Digitally creating patterns in Clo3D systems.
- Preparing patterns for all manufacturing processes with relevant details as: seam allowance, notches, grain line, labels, variants etc. as per requirement.
- Work closely with Cross functional teams to create productionable and cost-effective methods.
- Problem-solving: Identifying and resolving any technical issues or challenges that may arise during the production process, such as fabric or construction problems, and suggesting alternative solutions.
- Provide mocks/ toiles/testing samples and all the relevant pieces requiredin the development/ manufacturing process.
- Support Head of Garment Technology and department in different projects as required by business.
Overall, a garment technician plays a crucial role in ensuring the quality, fit, and functionality of garments, from the initial design stage to the final production, to meet customer expectations and industry standards.
- 3-5+ years of experience in similar role.
- Experienced in pattern-making software such as, Gerber, Lectra and/ or Clo3D.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in PLM systems.
- Strong organisational skills.
Preferred additional skills:
- Technical sewing experience
- Fashion draping techniques
- You are innovative and forward-thinking
- Attention to detail and good sketch interpretation skills
- Must be able to work effectively within strict timelines, while under pressure
- Self-driven and goal oriented
- Team player with great communication skills
WHY JOIN THE HOLZWEILER ?
You'll experience the excitement of an expanding Norwegian fashion business, where innovation and growth intersect.
We're on an exhilarating journey, shaping the landscape of retail with creative product strategies. It's a place where your ideas and contributions will make a real impact, propelling our growth and success globally.
But it's not just about the business. You'll join a family-like work environment where every team member is heard, valued, and empowered to make a difference.
Are you passionate about creativity and visual identity? Are you seeking a close-knit team that feels like family? Our Design department is your perfect fit.
Join us now to thrive, grow, and shape the future of Holzweiler.