Global Brand Experience – Innovation Designer Director
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
The Global Brand Experience Studio is a future-forward, multidisciplinary creative group exploring new frontiers in consumer engagement and storytelling across physical & virtual platforms. From crafting immersive environments at Brand destinations like House of Innovation, to pushing the future landscape of Virtual Experiences through emerging platforms like NIKELAND on Roblox. We use technology and disruptive concepts to innovate and capture people's imagination in new ways, while pushing experiential storytelling to new levels and new channels to create Nike only Experiences.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Design Director - Experience Innovation for the Global Brand Experience creative studio is a forward thinker, using innovative applications of emerging technology to create immersive storytelling, engagement and interaction. You are multi-hyphenate creative with a portfolio of work showcasing a deep experience and knowledge of emerging technology in the areas of XR (VR, AR, MR) and Gaming.
You are able to work across Art Direction, Motion Design, UX/UI and Game Design with ease. You ideate and collaborate with a cross-functional creative team to develop and frame creative concepts. You will translate these ground breaking concepts into designs for use across physical environments & virtual platforms that are visually exciting, intuitive and emotionally engaging.
You will work across multiple projects, partnering closely with the Global Brand Experience studio team and agency partners to deliver highly innovative and immersive Digital & Virtual concepts and Experiences. You will deliver comprehensive design concepts, stay tapped into the pulse of future digital design trends and apply this thinking to your work, expanding the possibilities of immersive storytelling and experiences. We are looking for someone who shares our drive and agility to explore the new; who is passionate and determined to create boundary-breaking experiences. Ultimately, you will help push the Global Brand Experience team into a new era of design thinking, with a vision to elevate the immersive storytelling and Experiences our studio creates.Who you will work with
You will report to the Global Brand Experience Creative Director. You will lead a team, while also being a collaborator and creative partner, working closely with the studio creative leaders, design peers and producers. You will also collaborate with external partners & agencies to drive creative concepts end-to-end, as well as internal x-functional partners.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have at least 10 years of overall experience and 5 years of management experience as a strategic creative leader in a creative-focused agency or in-house at a leading brand.
- A strong multi-disciplinary background in Art Direction, Game Design, Motion, Interaction and Experiential Design combined.
- A solid working knowledge of how to execute using tomorrow’s virtual platforms and emerging technologies.
- You have a diverse portfolio of integrated and innovative digital work.
- You have a strong vision and passion for technology, ensuring that it does what it should and operates in a safe way.
- You have strong narrative skills.
- You are a hardworking leader, with excellent management, mentorship, and people skills, who can motivate, encourage, and manage a team through ambiguous situations.
- You have experience playing a key role as part of a leadership team which drives a culture and vision for an innovation organization, forging positive relationships with ability to influence.
- Demonstrable experience in the process & design of interactive experiences: knowledge of flow, pace, engagement, structure, environment, & storytelling.
- Proven Experience in XR (VR, AR, MR) design, development and implementation.
- Experience in full cycle Game development.
- Demonstrated experience in game design principles: Narrative, Level or Gameplay Design, UX/UI or User Insights Research.
- A comprehensive understanding of the application of emerging technologies (AR / VR / Gaming) in creating the future of Brand defining storytelling & engagement.
- Ability to develop & apply immersive designs across Physical + Virtual platforms.
- Experience building and delivering User Interface designs.
- Proficiency in Mac OSX, Adobe CS, Miro, Figma, Sketch, Principle, After Effects or Cinema 4D.
- Experience and working knowledge with Unreal Engine and/or Unity a plus.
- Motion and 3D skills are a strong plus.
- Passion for current trends in Technology, Design, Art, Interactive and Experience Design.
- Collaborative working process & multi-disciplinary approach to design.
- Able to manage and drive a team of designers to support concept/ design development.
- Consistently deliver high-quality work on time and with attention to detail.
- Ability to present and sell-in creative concepts and execution idea.
- Self-motivated, good communicator and a great team-player!
- A desire to connect people in new ways through technology.
- Work hard, play hard attitude and a great sense of humor.
- A Passion for Sport & Culture.
- A storyteller at heart.
This role will be based out of Los Angeles, CA or Beaverton, OR.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.