Global Consumer Services Instructional Designer
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams — Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning — direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike’s top areas of growth.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We seek an Instructional Designer that will develop learning content (digital and analog) to help contact center teams continuously grow the cultural, service, operational and product knowledge necessary to get results across Nike Direct. You will bring years of outstanding retail and digital experience to listen and connect with our Firstline teams and our digital Marketplace. You will use insights to develop a modern, digital first approach to learning and personal development.
You will use your experience creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content to develop and maintain multiple training deliverables. You will use your skill and creativity as a writer and copyeditor to explain the complex in simple terms while using the correct voice for your external audience. Because our world is continuously evolving, you’ll need to possess curiosity and a love of learning!WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will provide sound instructional strategy and recommendations to drive the creation and adoption of training materials, ensure high-quality content creation in terms of template usage, language, grammar, etc., and partner to balance individual market/geography needs against globally-focused content creation.
You’ll also support the development and maintenance of multiple training deliverables and partner with program and initiative owners across Nike to develop training content to support product launches and updates. You will develop deep knowledge and expertise for assigned programs and their expected learning outcomes.
You will organize, lead, and participate in meetings to gather the right content and translate information into creative and impactful training and development experiences – across digital, print, and facilitator-led sessions. A keen sense of inquiry and the ability to distill complex information into its most critical pieces are essential. You will partner with teams to gather content and gain feedback and bring them together to create global consistency. You will develop content for a global audience and design learning into personal development activities to drive knowledge and skill retention. You will follow your work through the delivery process to ensure geography teams are prepared and ready for implementation. This includes train-the-trainer, livestreams, meetings, and more.
You will own several bodies of work and help guide future development strategies and efforts to keep materials current. You will evolve materials and instructional modalities as information, capabilities, and feedback are received. To be successful in this role, you will need to be agile and strategic, a committed teammate, and a highly-skilled content creator with the goal to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills, and competencies in an effective and engaging manner.WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be a global point person for numerous digital content and learning initiatives partnering closely with CS Leadership, Instructional Designers and Content Writers. You will report to the Manager of Content Creation and Delivery and work with various global partners across HR, L&D, Product Creation, Brand, Digital Product, Consumer Services, Retail Operations, and Digital Commerce. In addition, you will act as a liaison between global and geography teams with the objective of creating and delivering globally consistent content implementations.WHAT YOU BRING
- ·Bachelor's degree or higher; or combination of relevant education, experience and training
- Experience developing as well as designing training, personal development and digital content
- Retail and/or Customer Service experience (working in a retail store environment or contact center)
- Digital Commerce and/or Consumer Self-Service experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Education, Business, Adult Learning, Instructional Design, English/Writing or a related field
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, or related area is a plus
- 3-5 years of professional work experience creating content and training materials
- Highly collaborative, globally-minded with an extremely high level of customer focus and cultural sensitivity
- Proficiency in digital learning software and tools, content creation tools, and learning management systems (i.e. Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, etc.)
- Proficiency with Keynote and Microsoft Office products
- Attention-to-detail, multitasking ability, and passion to work in a fast-pace environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work with a complex global / geo stakeholder teams
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to influence across various leadership levels
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with internal partners and leaders throughout the organization
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- A passion for Nike - our product, our brand, and our mission - and most importantly, for our Athletes & our Consumers
ENTRYLEADER: Be Empowered to Grow within Nike and Create the Future
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.