Global Merchandising COE Senior Manager
: Global Merchandising
Location: US (Florida, Charlotte)
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hybrid mode: 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely
Job BriefWe are looking for a candidate that will contribute enhancing the competencies of the Merchandising and Marketing organization by leading our Global Center of Excellence (COE). In the role for Senior Manager of Global COE, you will be responsible for developing curriculum for the Marketing / Merchandising organization, as well as for supporting the enhancement of our Merchandising capabilities. You will perform training needs assessments and will design a learning plan to support continuous education and career development. You will work in collaboration with the Merchandising team to identify gaps & opportunities in our processes and tools, and to support the development of capabilities to address them. You will be in charge of integrating strategic initiatives and objectives into training curriculum, accelerate best practices sharing and facilitate change management in key merchandising initiatives.
- Work with Head of Global Merchandise Excellence to set and execute strategic Merchandising training and learning development programs for Category Managers, Category Analysts and other key Merchandising functions.
- Building and managing annual Merchandising Training plans and related budget. Set annual learning requirements and schedule, including monthly forums and on-demand training.
- Plan, organize and facilitate learning & development programs, track effectiveness and adapt learning infrastructure to meet needs of team members.
- Collaborate with Merchandise Solutions Managers, BU leadership and other Global Merchandise functions to identify process and tool improvement needs, learning opportunities and build a training & development roadmap.
- Integrate new Data-Driven Merchandising tools, processes, and ways of working into ongoing Merchandising and Category Management training and curriculum.
- Accelerating the sharing of best practices and ideas between and amongst regions, departments and Business Units
- Facilitate Change Management for Key Merchandising initiatives, in collaboration with the BU, Global Merchandising and other functions.
- Identify job profiles and competencies for key Marketing / Merchandising organization roles and support the Operations team through the selection an onboarding process.
- Lead new hire training for corporate Merchandising team members, collaborating with Human Resources and Business Units leadership to create a cohesive onboarding experience
- Collaborate with Global HR team on Marketing & Merchandising career path development and succession planning through Emerging Leaders program.
- Staying abreast of new trends and tools in Category Management, Merchandising and Retail. Managing relationships with internal/external partners and subject matter experts to keep training programs up to date and in line with the Company strategy
- Oversee 1 direct report in the execution of ongoing training & development programs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Merchandising, Marketing, Retail Management or related field. A Master's degree or relevant certifications are an asset.
- 5-7 years of work experience in merchandising, marketing, retail operations, or similar roles, with a track record of developing and executing successful merchandising strategies.
- Good understanding of talent management, succession planning, training and development processes.
- Experience in delivering training programs, workshops, or presentations, either in a formal training capacity or through roles involving employee development, onboarding, or internal education.
- Proficiency in determining and applying appropriate training and change management methodologies based on the project/need
- Demonstrated success working closely with senior executive leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to drive change across an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to synthesize and simplify complex ideas into compelling presentations.
- Experience working with SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite (advanced level in PowerPoint) and other learning and communication tools.
- Demonstrated success with managing, mentoring and developing people.
- Travel required, some international. Passport or travel documentation/visa required.
Flexibility around working hours required, due to global scope of role and working across time
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: