Global Merchandising Manager for Men’s Performance Apparel – Basketball
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For NIKE, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a merchandising manager for Men’s Sport Performance Apparel as part of the Global Merchandising function. The role leads merchandising for the Branded Basketball product assortment and reports to the Global Merchandising Director for Men’s Sport Performance Apparel – Sport.
This is a role within the Global Merchandising function, leading product line architecture, driving product line planning, and managing franchise & classification excellence. It is the pivot between product creation and geography merchandising teams to receive and provide inputs throughout the CODE process.
You will build and drive global product strategy and intent for geography planning and implementation. In partnership with consumer planning, influences the creation of unified and tops down financial plans. Makes logical enterprise decisions with relevant partners (Product, Brand, Consumer Planning) and fosters cross Consumer Construct alignment where vital.
You will understand and can demonstrate high retail math proficiency to consistently engage with Consumer Planning & Data Analytics partners to build product and financial plans. Leverages retail sales, marketplace and consumer behavior insights data to regularly read and respond to business performance.
The ideal candidate is required to be a consumerist and industry expert - understand Nike's increasingly diverse consumers and their evolving value systems and shopping behaviors in order to plan products and drive consumer moments that lead them to new experiences. Be informed about the industry landscape (competitors, market shifts, customers) and what sets us apart from the competition.
Ability to partner with critical team members (Product, Brand, Consumer Planning, Data Analytics, Other Global Merchandising teams, Geo Merchandising teams) to identify line plan and marketplace opportunities. Apply expertise to enrich decision-making process. Partner to identify areas for analysis and interpretation of data and take driven actions.
The role requires effective communication skills — delivering consistent, clear, agile and timely written and verbal communication with Consumer Construct teammates and Geo Partners along with a strong ability to influence and engage!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be working against the following —
1. Leading the future of the Men’s performance apparel business for Branded Basketball through seasonal line planning, helping to drive priorities and navigate toward goals and timelines working with the team, x-functional partners and operations.
2. Gathering insights, positioning, line planning, distribution plans and creation of tools to enable our geography partners to implement in the marketplace.
3. Establishing dimension and classification excellence against Basketball with a roadmap and plans building and managing franchises while partnering closely with product and design.
4. Working closely with footwear to ensure connectivity with apparel against key concepts as well as looks.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
Key partners for this role will —
- Global Merchandising (M’s Performance APP)
- Global Merchandising (M’s Performance FW)
- Global Branded Product Management (M’s Performance APP)
- Global Sports Apparel Product Management (Licensed, Team, Promo APP)
- Global Color/Design (M’s Apparel)
- Global Merchandising Operations (Men’s)
- Geography Merchandising (M’s Performance APP)
- Global Consumer Insights
- Global Consumer Planning
- Global Brand
WHAT YOU WILL BRING?
- Bachelor/Master's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- 5+ years’ experience in footwear or apparel merchandising, product creation and/or retail in a vertical, multi-brand or digital environment
- Ability to work across multiple functions and collaborate with key partners
- Expert at turning multiple insights into line plan action
- Willing to travel 10-20% of the time
- Role is based at Nike WHQ
ENTRYLEADER: Be Empowered to Grow within Nike and Create the Future
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.