Global Merchandising Manager Women’s Sport Lifestyle Apparel
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For NIKE, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- We are looking for a Merchandising Manager for Women’s Lifestyle Apparel as part of the Global Merchandising function.
- This is a Global Merchandising role within the Global Product Merchandising function.
- An individual who thrives in & is motivated by an environment of teamwork & collaboration, prioritizing the success of the team as a whole & contributing to the culture of inclusion.
- This role builds and drives Global product strategy and intent for Geography planning and implementation.
- Global Merchandising leads Product Line Architecture, drives Product Line Plan, drives Franchise & Classification Strategies and is the pivot between creation and marketplace adopt teams to receive and provide inputs from multiple resources.
- Understands and can demonstrate high retail math proficiency to consistently engage with Planning teams & Consumer Science partners to build product and financial plans.
- Leverages retail sales, marketplace and consumer behavior insights data to regularly read and respond to business performance!
- The candidate is required to be a consumerist and industry expert - understand Nike's increasingly diverse consumers and their evolving value systems and shopping behaviors, in order to plan products and drive consumer moments that lead consumers to new experiences.
- Be informed about the industry landscape (competitors, market shifts, customers) and what sets us apart from the competition.
- Ability to partner with critical team members (Consumer Science, Product, Brand, DSM, Other Global Merchandising teams, Geo Merchandising teams) to identify line plan and marketplace opportunities.
- Apply expertise to enrich decision-making process.
- Brief & partner with Consumer Science teams to identify areas for analysis and interpretation of data and take driven actions.
- The role requires effective communication skills - Delivering consistent, clear, agile and timely written and verbal communication with Construct teammates and Geo Partners apart from a strong ability to influence and engage.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be working against the following responsibilities –
1. Owning the future of the Women’s Lifestyle Apparel business through seasonal line planning, helping drive strategies & priorities, and navigate towards goals and timelines working with the team, cross functional partners and operations.
2. Gathering Insights, Positioning, Line Planning, Distribution plans and creation of tools to enable our Geography partners to implement in the marketplace.
3. Establishing dimension and classification excellence with a roadmap and plans building and managing franchises while partnering closely with product and design.
4. Partnering with footwear to ensure connectivity with apparel against key concepts.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
Key partners for this role will include -
- Global Merchandising (Women’s Performance APP)
- Global Merchandising (Women’s Lifestyle FW)
- Geo Merchandising (Women’s Lifestyle Apparel)
- Global Product Management (Women’s Lifestyle APP)
- Global Color/Design (Women’s Apparel)
- Global Merchandising Operations (Women’s)
- Global Consumer Insights
- Global Consumer Planning
- Global Brand
WHAT YOU BRING
- Requires Bachelor's degree or higher or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- 5+ years’ experience; portion of that time in footwear or apparel merchandising, product creation and/or retail in a vertical, multi-brand or digital environment. Experience in Apparel; vertical retail preferred.
- Ability to work across multiple functions and collaborate with key partners
- Expert at turning multiple insights into line plan action
- Willing to travel 10-20% of the time
- Role is based at Nike WHQ
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.