Global Outbound Transportation Strategy Lead
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey!
Outbound transportation capabilities are a key enabler of Nike’s Consumer Direct Offense (CDO). As Nike’s Global Outbound Transportation Strategy Lead, you’ll work closely with Geography and Functional partners to develop and deploy Nike’s outbound strategies across all modes enabling our Wholesale, Retail, and E-Commerce businesses. You will collaborate with the Director of Outbound Transportation Strategy and will play a meaningful role in developing Nike’s Key City Offenses and in unlocking a Nike-Connected Marketplace around the world. Applying your expertise and encouraging collaboration across Nike Geography and Functional teams, you’ll drive business value for Nike, our customers, and our Consumers by ensuring differentiated capabilities and high levels of service in concert with meticulous performance management and Sustainability focus with our service providers.Responsibilities
- Support the development of the outbound transportation global strategy and curate the evolution of Nike’s Outbound Transportation in close partnership with Geography Logistics teams and Functional partners.
- Lead tasks advised toward the advancement of Nike’s Outbound Logistics Management (OLM) Network – the internal network of outbound transportation leaders and SMEs from around the world. Use the OLM Network to align strategic roadmaps, transfer standard methodologies and drive process standardization globally.
- Develop and maintain deep global subject matter expertise for Outbound Transportation modes, capabilities, carriers, and service providers: Truckload, LTL, Small Parcel, and Last Mile.
- Partner with Global Procurement, Geography Transportation leaders, and cross-functional team members to develop, source, and deploy outstanding, innovative service providers. Ensure service providers are aligned with Nike’s requirements and standards.
- Partner with Global Procurement and Geographies to develop and deploy new Transportation capabilities, service offerings, technologies, business continuity/risk mitigation strategies and service providers around the world.
- Lead performance management metrics across Nike geographies and Nike’s portfolio of service providers. Deploy a common set of Outbound critical metrics across the Nike geographies. Leverage analytical data insights to drive cost, service, and quality improvement opportunities.
- Drive Sustainability and Lean thinking in the Outbound space, as well as advocating it across Nike’s global supply chain. Establish Sustainability as a priority with our service providers and help facilitate their Sustainability journey.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management or a technical discipline. MBA preferred.
- 5 years’ experience within Transportation operations for a large multinational company, working in the Transportation industry or owning the Outbound Transportation function. Recent experience with retail fulfillment, e-commerce, and/or omni-channel fulfillment is helpful.
- Strong end to end supply chain knowledge
- Experience working within a cross-functional and virtual team (including globally with a proven track record of delivering results in high pressure or high profile assignments. Able to work comfortably up, down and across a highly-matrixed organization to effectively inspire change and deliver results the right way.
- Experience developing and deploying transportation strategies resulting in cost, service, quality, and sustainability improvements.
- Recent experience and current knowledge of Transportation systems, capabilities, and technology platforms (real-time visibility, TMS, carrier integration platforms, etc.)
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in global and domestic outbound transportation markets, service providers, and standard methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and comfortably at multiple levels in the organization.
- The ability to “dive deep” in data when needed utilizing analytical tools and methodologies, interpreting results, and underlying trends to drive the appropriate actions. Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, and influencing skills. Proven organization and presentation skills and preferred.
- Travel up to 15% of the year, including international.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.