Global Professional Services Sourcing Manager
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc.’s relentless pursuit of product innovation and sustainable growth demands bold new ways of doing business – including supplier engagement. Stretching far beyond conventional sourcing, Nike Procurement secures the best supplier relationships to drive business success. The team maximizes the value and reach of the company’s investments in external resources, including product materials, marketing services, digital tools, temporary labor, high-tech manufacturing equipment and other products and services to fuel business growth and sustainability.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Sourcing Manager for Professional Services and Consulting who will be a part of a dynamic, impactful team of sourcing professionals supporting Nike’s long-term OPEX-enabled initiatives! We need someone who has a background in procurement roles with strong sourcing and negotiating skills.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
You will advise and support Nike’s business leaders during all phases of the sourcing life-cycle. We need someone who will master, communicate, and implement Nike’s 7-Step Strategic Sourcing Process. You’ll measure value collected, report performance, engage Legal support, and complete sourcing initiatives using a suite of advanced sourcing and contract management tools. Spend analysis, risk management, contracting, cost savings methodology, performance reporting, collaborator engagement, and proficiency with sourcing tools are integral to success. We need this Sourcing Manager to drive partner alignment with leadership across Nike functions and geographies, understand Nike’s business needs and demonstrate data and market research to resolve and enable strategic objectives, and perform deep market analytics and research to develop expertise across professional services categories. You will analyze business proposals and align with long-term strategies and develop negotiation strategies and lead contract negotiations with suppliers and internal partners.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
As a member of the Global Professional Services Sourcing team, you will report directly to the Global Director of Consulting and Professional Services in Nike’s Procurement organization. You will collaborate with other sourcing managers and analysts to identify and complete process improvements. You will work closely with team members and leaders across multiple business lines in support of sourcing needs across the Professional Services category. You will engage with existing and potential suppliers and drive partnerships at the executive level. In this role, you will partner with leaders across the multiple business units. You’ll be a trusted member of a team and will build trusting and significant relationships with senior executives across multiple business and services as well as technology functions.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, finance, pre-law or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- Ideally, 3-5 years direct relevant work experience in Procurement. Work experience would pertain directly to Services Procurement (Consulting, HR Benefits, software, Translations, Legal Services, etc.)
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret spend and cost data, research market trends, identify standard methodologies, and support contract development activities
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to derive 2nd level insights from unstructured data
- Excellent communications and influencing skills
- General financial skills and knowledge, including understanding of Total Cost of Ownership
- Ability to adapt quickly and make an impact in a rapid paced Procurement Organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications: including sophisticated level PowerPoint and Excel; intermediate level Word and Project.
- An ability to think Globally and work with an international culturally-diverse team
- Passion for the NIKE brand
- C.P.M., CPSM or a related certification is strongly preferred
- Experience with an e-sourcing platform (Ariba experience preferred) and Enterprise Contract Management (ECM) tools preferred
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.