Alexander McQueen is seeking a highly organised, efficient and adaptable Graduate Trainee to work in the Archive department. This is a six-month fixed-term contract working with the company’s heritage collections, reporting to the Senior Archivist.
How you will contribute?
- Facilitating research and loan requests from the Archive collections across internal departments.
- Developing basic collections management skills (cataloguing, photography, condition reporting) for documenting items in the collection.
- Developing storage and preventative conservation skills under the guidance of the Senior Archivist.
- General office administration (booking couriers, ordering office supplies, diary management and minute-taking during meetings).
- Responding to storage enquiries and negotiating space limitations with the relevant teams.
- Supporting the Archive team with upcoming projects, including data digitisation/CMS implementation, historical collections reappraisal and collection storage improvements.
- Supporting with ad-hoc company projects when required (exhibitions, events, photoshoots, etc.)
- Working across different heritage collections (Alexander McQueen Archive, vintage archive, work-in-progress studio toiles, paperwork/digital materials archive and library).
Who you are?
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant subject area (art history, fashion history, information science, design, or similar).
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Maintains meticulous attention-to-detail whilst adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to keep calm and work efficiently under pressure.
- Prioritises tasks effectively according to urgency.
- Can work both in a team and independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT skills, especially using MS Office programmes.
- Some knowledge of garment construction and textile terminologies.
- Manual dexterity, with sensitivity to handling different objects according to weight and material.
- Demonstrable interest in developing the relevant skills for a career in the heritage sector.