Graphic Apparel Designer
The Graphic Designer will work within the Design team and produce graphics to be used on Debenhams own buy clothing ranges. Here at Debenhams we have 4 inhouse brands - Maine , Mantaray, principles and Debenhams own label which we run across men's, women's and nightwear. The inhouse graphic designer will be working closely with the design and product teams to produce graphics to be used across these multi product clothing categories for short and medium time frame production locally and offshore.
We're Debenhams, an established and much-loved household name. We're known for our impressive fashion, beauty and homewares offering - we've become a truly unstoppable digital brand. We aim to be the UK's leading online department store and expand internationally.
In the Design team, we make sure every brand has products they can be proud of. We design and influence everything the Group buys, so we're a vital part of each brand's identity. We're there when inspiration strikes, looking at research and future-trend forecasts to see what our customers want to buy. We want our brands to be trendsetters, and we're proud to be industry leaders with the freedom to shape our brands and push boundaries.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Supplying emerging graphic trends in a fast paced responsive design department.
- Displaying knowledge and competencies relating to print & graphics, from an industry standard with relation to production.
- Taking and idea from concept and create engaging on brand graphics and prints.
- Analysing High street and catwalk trends.
- Working on fast turn around graphics briefs whilst delivering results within specific timeframe and forward planning ranges for future seasons.
- Working directly with UK and overseas suppliers.
- Building and maintaining close links with the product teams across all inhouse brands.
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It's relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty - you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We're always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We're passionate, agile, creative and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU
We are seeking a creative and innovative individual who can demonstrate an excellent understanding of the commercial fast fashion market across ladies, men's and nightwear .
Be able to work at pace to deliver graphics that can be utilised across multi clothing categories on our inhouse brands, with a strong hit rate.
Need to be a great communicator who has a positive work ethic and can develop relationships across the inhouse product teams and the wider business.
The ideal Candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level (Fashion/Graphics related)
- Be highly driven, motivated with a positive energetic attitude.
- Be experienced in identifying and proposing new opportunities.
- Be able to prioritise workflow and ensure challenging deadlines are met, inline with the critical path.
- Have exceptional communication skills, capable of working with other product teams and external suppliers to build working relationships.
- Have excellent computer skills including Microsoft office and CAD, Photoshop, Adobe and Illustrator.
- Have experience of working in a similar role is essential.
We've set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we're 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You'll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There's up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
#LI-HYBRID #design #creative #LI-SP1