Graphic Design Coordinator of Beauty - Visual Merchandising
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Our customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Macy’s Marketing delivers a healthy, profitable customer franchise that is growing through engagement and acquisition. Our team leads strategic initiatives such as personalization and monetization, as well as our Star Rewards Loyalty program.
Take the helm of one of the world’s most beloved brands and help bring it to life for our customers. As part of our team, you’ll own, guide, and direct marketing efforts, motivating our customers to strengthen their relationship with our brand. Constantly creating, innovating, and exploring the new, you’ll drive customer engagement and loyalty while sparking excitement.
Job OverviewCoordinate all aspects of Beauty visual collateral design and production, promotional concepts and renderings, in partnership with Graphics Manager, Creative Director and Beauty vendors. The right candidate will have a passion for graphic design, illustration, fixture design, and working adjacent stores & corporate teams to drive visual execution excellence across the retail channel.
- Retrieve vendor artwork, apply to Macy’s templates, suggest refinements as needed
- Collaborate and Conceptualize visual solutions in partnership with Graphics Manager to design enhancements for vendor promotions and corporate initiatives
- Create and deliver artwork thumbnail approval documents to Graphics Manager
- Communicate Macy’s approved artwork to Beauty vendor partners
- Design & Layout artwork for My Macy’s initiatives, lightboxes and fixturing
- Partner with Printer on creative production. Ensure vendor color matches are maintained
- Research new materials and creative solutions
- Upload approved vendor artwork to print companies via FTP sites as well as approve all pdf proofs and samples
- Manage and organize project assets/archiving and digital files with back up to server or external drive
- Liase with Beauty vendors and internal partners on an on-going basis, maintaining the Monthly Beauty Visual Calendar
- Attend weekly creative/production meetings with internal teams to maintain timelines and accountability for all graphics and deliverables
- Self-organized, self-starting and strong time management for meeting all deadlines. Must be able to work autonomously at certain parts of the day/season.
- Ability to multi-task between design projects with strong eye to detail
- Collaborate with Graphics Manager in creating visual guidelines
- Assist in setting quarterly prototypes
- Maintain professionalism in all communication, written and oral, when representing on behalf of Macy’s (Beauty).
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 years of creative/design or related experience.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent creative design skills
- MAC proficiency
- Proficiency in Adobe: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and complete all tasks with accuracy
- Intermediate knowledge of print production
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving ability
- This position requires regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Travel Required