Graphic Design Internship
Charles Jeffrey LOVERBOY is the fashion house founded by Glaswegian designer, illustrator, stylist and radical creative, Charles Jeffrey. Described by Sarah Mower of American Vogue as "the upholder of all that is human, creative and cheerful about British fashion” Jeffrey has steered the LOVERBOY label from fledgling, outsider brand-of-the-moment to a burgeoning business with a retail network of the most revered stores in the world.
LOVERBOY’s visual identity is steeped in Jeffrey’s autobiographical primary research. The collections are anchored by the Charles’ personal styling codes, as well as those of his friends and collaborators. The result is a potent clash of references both subcultural and traditional, Scottish and Pagan, interpreted through an illustrative, DIY approach to design.
We are looking for a graphic design to work alongside our Artworker and Charles Jeffrey assisting with creative projects. You will be assisting on day to day tasks, working in a fast paced busy environment. The candidate must be a natural researcher with a strong knowledge of all fields of art fashion, music and culture. Previous experience in an industry setting is desirable. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest to gain experience in a small brand and learn about processes within Creative Direction team. We are looking for someone to have a willingness to work, dedication to meeting Creative Director’s requirements and be able to communicate clearly.
ProfileDuties and responsibilities include:
- Work as Artworker’s first assistant
- Primarily a research and asset creation role
- Assemble decks for projects including but not limited to:
o Brand Research
o Fashion shows
o Creative direction of fashion season o Styling projects
o Collaborations or consolation work
- Generate visual assets for use across various platforms o Social Media o Web content
- Work on pitches for potential future collaborations
- Compile Printed folders Mood boards + packs
- Support on Internal art direction projects · - Support with styling, photoshoot or filmography projects
- Strong typographic and editorial layout ·
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Image research experience ·
- Pragmatic, punctual, culturally aware and interested in contemporary design, fashion, photography, film / videos, editorials and language of social media
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and efficiently under pressure.
- Previous experience in UX/UI design, fast-paced fashion or digital environment
- After Effects, Premiere Pro.
- Organisation is really important in order to support Charles’ creative vision to manifest.