Graphic Design Undergraduate Internship
Who we are looking for
We're currently looking for a Product Graphic Design intern, to create seasonal design concepts for Nike Branded Sports Apparel. This is where sport, design and culture meet and where we are redefining apparel for both athletes and fans!
We value passion and creativity, along with versatility and focus to see designs through the product creation process and bring them to life! It takes a dedicated team player that knows how to collaborate, take feedback, and juggle multiple projects at one time. This designer will also need to translate complex insights into authentic narratives and design solutions that will elevate the future of sport apparel at Nike.
What you will work on
From concepting and sketching, to working with development to finalize production details; from talking with athletes* and teams to choosing trim and print applications, you will be challenged by a wide range of responsibilities and experiences. You will use your skills to contribute to and or create narratives and visuals for uniform design across the Nike portfolio.
Who you will work with
Interns work with multiple teams of designers, developers, and product managers to deliver creative that is in line with the Nike Design Ethos. This opportunity will require strong collaborative skills to meet deadlines, ensure feasibility of designs, while talking your partners through the thinking behind your work.
What you bring
- Must be in your final year of school in Graphic Design, Apparel Design or related field.
- Passion and understanding of current and emerging design trends and visual culture.
- Ability to adapt to change and handle multiple, competing priorities.
- Proficient understanding of typography design and trends.
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills, able to effectively present design intent to internal and external audiences.
- Proficient in sketching, illustration, print and pattern, color theory and layout.
- Understanding of graphic applications, development, PR and schematic tools and processes.
- Knowledge of apparel product creation preferred
- Proficient in Adobe CC and comfortable working within new digital spaces.
- Highlight and elevate diverse points of view while fostering an environment of inclusivity.