GUCCI Visual Merchandiser - Mid-Atlantic
SummaryInfluential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail.
Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
Job DescriptionRole MissionThe Visual Merchandiser – Mid-Atlantic based in Washington, D.C., is responsible for implementing and maintaining all visual directives and standards for interior merchandising, windows, as well as in- store special events in accordance with the worldwide guidelines for the stores in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Follow all visual directives via photographs and company visual campaign book when executing store set-ups. Adapt or substitute in a brand appropriate manner to make visual merchandising suitable to regional needs;
- Provide PowerPoint recaps from all store visits to be shared with company headquarters in Italy;
- Implement and maintain visual displays and merchandising to maximize store business;
- Ongoing training of store associates in visual merchandising standards in line with Retail Excellence objectives;
- Executes display for windows, merchandising and special events throughout region;
- Maintain awareness of regional stores business and partner with retail regional directors to best support business needs within region;
- Remain aware of the competition in retail visual industry standards in the marketplace;
- Partner with regional/store managers, to effectively support current business trends with visual needs as they arise;
- Travel required throughout district to support visual needs;
- Responsible to respect travel budget as provided by corporate team.
- 2+ years Visual Merchandising experience with multi-store scope preferred;
- Must be very flexible with hours of work and be comfortable with ever changing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be comfortable with ever changing priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Available to work adhoc overnights and weekends to meet urgent deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail and passion to work quickly/efficiently to meet deadlines;
- Candidate should be open to regular travel as needed within the region to support the visual team as needed;
- Adhoc travel at short notice may be required several times throughout the year;
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and basic photography skills;
- Multi store experience preferred but not required.
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance and taking accountability for own actions
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing and amplifying each person’s uniqueness
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
- Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the United States
OrganizationGucci America Inc.