Head of Creative Operations
MATCHES started with a single shop in Wimbledon more than 30 years ago and has grown into one of the biggest global destinations in online luxury for men and women, carrying a modern edit of 650+ established and new-generation designers, delivering to over 176 countries. With offices in the UK and Hong Kong, our aspiration is to be the most personal luxury shopping site in the world. In London, our head office is based in The Shard, while our creative hub is in Here East, and 5 Carlos Place, a recently updated retail concept combining digital and physical elements, is based in Mayfair.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DEI
We want to attract the very best talent and create an inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our people and enables them to do their best work. We recognise the world is not a perfect place and that bias exists, which is why we are committed to ensuring that all our people processes are equitable.
At MATCHES we're fundamentally transforming our combined Brand Content and Studios team [aka Matches Creative Lab] into an in-house agency. Using the agency-model we are investing in our own centralised Creative Operations dept to help aid, organise and distribute our creative content in a more agile, efficient and economical manner. The Head of the Operations dept will be responsible for creative production, events production, project management and traffic/ resource management. The role is fundamental in ensuring that the dept manages incoming projects efficiently, hitting key deadlines whilst also managing costs and budgets. Project prioritisation is key and managing ambiguity and the shifting sands of an organisation like MATCHES will be critical to the success of the applicant of this role. At MATCHES it will be critical to find candidates with a balance of skill and behavioural maturity to help foster new culture within the organisation; dealing with teams and stakeholders working in a modern world being dealt with in a modern way.
- You will report into and are supported by the ECD.
- The entire Creative Lab, helping to be the glue that binds everything together.
- You will work with key stakeholders across the entire organisation dependant on project scope.
- Key external service providers: from PM system vendors through to production agencies, model booking agencies etc.
- Finance: monthly reporting on expenditure and reporting on KPI's [MBR]
- Paid Media, CRM and Trade teams on specific briefs and requirements
- Creative Ops team: Creative Production, Events Production, Project Management and Traffic? Resource.
- Management of all creative projects within the Matches Creative Lab
- Pushing the team to hit deadlines.
- Budgets... management of, efficient use of and reporting of.
- Establishing key KPI's for the efficient running of the dept.
- Project prioritisation.
- Negotiations with external vendors and suppliers.
- Invoicing and raising of POs with team to ensure vendors are paid in line with contract.
- 5+ years' experience.
- Proven track record in all Ops disciplines.
- Passion and knowledge of luxury brand/ Fashion landscape.
- People oriented... we want to build a culture at MATCHES that hones both skill and behavior.
- Proven track record delivering digital and physical campaigns in the fashion space efficiently.
- Experience leading large and small teams effectively.
- Manage relationships with interdepartmental senior stakeholders.
- Ability to give constructive feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to receive and respond to feedback professionally enacting change as a result.
- Solutions oriented: find ways to fix problems.
- Working well under the pressure of tight budgets and deadlines on multiple projects, while still maintaining rapport with the team.
- Excellent time and task management and ability to work on multiple projects.
- Prioritisation here is key in enabling the team to move work around the dept. Everything is not the same level of priority.
- Courageous in putting forward their ideas and challenging others.
- Interested in culture and what makes people tick.
- Project management systems knowledge
- An ability to deal with ambiguity and time pressures.