Head of Design
Luxtra is on a mission to make the fashion industry sustainable and innovative.
We are an award winning, young, fast-growing fashion accessories brand working with the most innovative materials on the market (think pineapple and apple “leather”). A certified B Corp, the company is dynamic and ambitious, blending fashion with social and environmental impact.
Job descriptionHead of Design
As a team, we are committed to delivering an outstanding experience for our customers through exceptional service coupled with our use of the most innovative materials, technologies and processes.
At the heart of this is great Product and UX Design. As Head of Design at Luxtra, you will partner directly with the Founder and together conceive and deliver a thoughtful, useful and beautiful roadmap of change.
We are looking for a Head of Design who understands and can set the design strategy of the company. You have an opportunity to create and lead the perfect design team. You will be working alongside a dedicated and driven team, delivering truly meaningful and impactful products.
- Get creative in understanding the LUXTRA customer, keeping them in mind at every step
- Spearhead the evolution of the brand aesthetic
- Deliver beautiful new designs (bags, backpacks, wallets, small accessories) in line with the brand’s handwriting
- Get knee-deep researching sustainable and innovative materials
- Develop a fantastic relationship with our manufacturers and take charge of design iterations
- Oversee production to ensure products are delivered on time, on budget and maintain our top-quality standards
- Create branding, marketing and other graphic design materials from scratch, including (but not limited to): company website, email marketing, paid advertising, organic social, packaging, pitch documents and look-books
- Work hand-in-hand with our marketing team to deliver beautiful yet punchy campaigns that drive brand awareness and sales
- Identify new ways to increase efficiency and consistency across the company
- 5 or more years of product design
- A genuine interest in sustainability
- Ability to create 3D product renders
- Excellent sense of style and colour
- Strong sketching ability
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Collaborative approach
- Ability and desire to work at both strategy and execution level
- Thrive in a hands-on environment
- Experience working with Agile a plus
- Competitive salary dependent on skills and experience
- Opportunity to set the design strategy of the business as well as to create and lead the design team
- Generous stock options in Luxtra, a rapidly growing start-up
- Flexible remote working policy
- Happy and down-to-earth company culture
- 25 day holiday allowance in addition to bank holidays
- A company that loves learning and wants you to flourish too
- Year-round employee discount
- The knowledge that your work is making a positive impact on people and planet J
If this role sounds like you, please send your CV and abriefcover letter to Jessica.
We look forward to hearing from you!