Head of Operations
● Commercial Director
● Customer Experience Manager (plus two people, total of 3)
● Wholesale Logistics Executive (1)
● Logistics Executive (to be recruited)
As our Operations Manager UK & International, you'll be responsible for ensuring we stay ahead of the competition and meet the evolving needs of our customers. With the UK as your base, you'll have the exciting challenge of scaling our operations both domestically and internationally.
Inbound to our 3PL
- Own the relationship with the Freight Forwarder, ensuring we are using both time and cost-efficient freight forwarders and transport options at all times.
- Work closely with Production to ensure all inbound shipments from our factories to the 3PL are shared in advance, and that timely forecasts are provided to 3PL partner (particularly around Peak).
- Manage our 3PL to ensure all inbound shipments are processed within SLA including any quality checks that may be required.
- Working closely with internal teams to make sure all relevant information is handed over to 3PL partner.
- Ensure the 3PL are storing and handling goods in line with our specifications, from both a product and a commercial point of view.
- Responsible for the successful and on-time processing of all e-com and wholesale orders globally.
- Ensure any VAS requirements are clearly communicated to the 3PL and executed in line with our specifications.
- Work closely with our Wholesale Logistics Executive to ensure all wholesale orders and paperwork are properly prepared for export and shipped within specified delivery windows.
- Ensure that our 3PL ships all e-commerce orders within agreed SLA’s and in line with our specifications.
- Ensure that all packaging (and other consumables) required to ship e-commerce orders is always in-stock, placing orders with our packaging suppliers in a timely manner.
- Manage e-commerce pre-orders liaising with Production for estimated delivery dates and ensuring our website has the correct information.
- Ensure the WMS syncs correctly with our website and work with our Head of E-Commerce on resolving any issues should they arise.
- Analyse 3PL providers operational performance; partnering with the 3PL to drive improvement plans where appropriate.
- Ensure all SLA’s are measured and reported against agreed KPI’s and accessible to all internal stakeholders.
- Engages with all relevant internal & stakeholders to review forecasts & planning, ensuring operational effectiveness.
- Working with 3PL provider to ensure correct transport methods are being used for B2C and B2B business.
- Work closely with Production and Product Development to get quotes and optimise logistics costs and timings from raw material suppliers to our factories.
- Responsible for ensuring all packing lists and commercial documents are completed in a timely manner for both Ex-Works and DDP wholesale clients.
- Responsible for ensuring the 3PL executes any client-specific VAS requirements should they be needed.
- Work closely with Merchandising and Production to place the quarterly packaging orders and any chase orders needed.
- Assess the business needs and evaluate on an ongoing basis the most optimal packaging (new types of packaging, new protections, new sizes etc), taking into account the costs and environmental targets of the company
- Work with packaging suppliers to manage the packaging orders and delivery times
- Negotiate costs with suppliers to benefit from volume increases and other possible market changes
- Lead and oversee the Customer Service function of the business currently headed up by Customer Experience Manager.
- Work closely with the Customer Experience Manager to ensure core KPIs are met and future plan to ensure we consistently meet as the business grows.
- Continually evaluate and look for ways to improve our customer experience across all channels (email, phone, WhatsApp, live chat etc)
- Work closely with internal teams on identifying reoccurring problems and work with relevant stakeholders, internal and external to identify continuous improvements.
- Working very closely with Finance, be responsible for the running & upgrading of our operational/logistics systems (e.g. Zedonk, ERP, WMS).
- Ensure that our logistics systems are fit for purpose and that all departments are using them in the correct manner.
BUDGETS, REPORTING & FORECASTING
- Work closely with our Commercial Director to continually evaluate operational/logistics costs and pro-actively suggest how we can improve efficiencies.
- Be the lead on all operational reporting in the business including but not limited to warehouse fulfilment, B2C delivery time/cost, customer service, wholesale etc.
- Work closely with Senior Management to forecast and communicate DeMellier’s future operational needs.
- Responsible for arranging monthly and/or quarterly business reviews with external stakeholders.
What you’ll need:
- 10-20 years of experience in Logistics & Distribution.
- Experience working with and managing 3PL providers.
- Experience working with a multi-channel business (E-Com, Wholesale etc).
- Ideally experience working with a business that uses Shopify as its online platform.
- Financial and commercial acumen.
- Strong negotiation and management skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Spanish is a plus.
- Based in London.