Head of Product Research – Nike Sports Research Lab
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Innovation is oxygen for NIKE, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This is a unique opportunity to join the Nike Sport Research Lab and support its mission to provide guidance for athletes* to maximize their potential. In support of that mission, we are currently seeking for an experienced leader to help build and manage our product research teams. This role will serve as a strategic leader who will co-create and drive the strategy of our research functions. The ideal candidate is comfortable navigating ambiguity, partnering with key collaborators to lead through change, inspiring and developing teams and always having a bias for action.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As the Head of Product Research with the Nike Sport Research Lab (NSRL), you will lead a multidisciplinary team of researchers who are focused on delivering pioneering innovations to make a diverse and inclusive population of athletes* measurably better. You will help shape and align the strategic vision of the research teams with the broader innovation goals. You will champion the role of science and research, while working across multiple functional units to ensure maximum impact to the business and the brand. In doing so, you will help apply proven, scientific performance insights to next generation, innovative Nike products and services.WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
This role is inherently cross-functional by design; you will lead a multidisciplinary team of researchers, you will work closely with Nike’s Footwear and Apparel teams and the broader Advanced Innovation Collective to set and drive partnerships and deliver toward our strategic priorities.WHAT YOU BRING
- Proven record of successfully leading, inspiring, and mentoring a multidisciplinary team of scientists to deliver impactful results to a business
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization and deliver complex solutions to multiple business units
- Ability to communicate complex, and sometime sensitive topics to diverse audiences
- Advanced skills in conducting research and applying scientific insights, specifically related to sport and movement through the lens of performance, injury, comfort and/or behavior
- Proven track record of applying scientific insights to influence innovative product solutions
- Display an entrepreneurial spirit - Understand the connectivity between research, innovation, and business. Ability to connect vision to strategy, and to focused priorities.
- Meet complex challenges with imaginative and innovative approaches supported by feasible solutions
- Generates new knowledge and insights about science-informed products and services that result in growth opportunities and competitive advantages in the marketplace
- Master of Science or Ph.D in human movement science (biomechanics, physiology, kinesiology), engineering, or related field
- The candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in a scientific setting, with a demonstrated background in a management and/or leadership role.
- The candidate will have a proven track record leading a multidisciplinary team towards common goals in an industry setting.
- Experience in a sport science laboratory, with commonly used tools and analytical methods, is preferred.
- Experience in applying scientific insight to tangible product solutions, specifically footwear or apparel, is desired.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.