Are you an ambitious, forward thinking creative who would love to work for a brand with a
die-hard community and deeply tied cultural roots in sports, streetwear and music?
If you have answered yes, yes, yes, we want to hear from you. But this is not just any role, this is a role that works at the heart of what we do. Please keep reading if this sounds like you……
WHO ARE WE?
At the intersection of sports and fashion, Hat Club has been the leading purveyor of premium headwear for the last 30 years. Through exclusive designs and collaborations, the brand has reinspired sports merchandise, bringing iconic team-logo headwear from the stadiums to the streets and in doing so, created a loyal fan base across the country.
We are looking for a Headwear Designer to join our product team. Our young and compact team is composed of ambitious and forward-thinking individuals whose passions range from head and streetwear to sports and music. We welcome diverse perspectives and hope to bring on a leader that is dedicated to developing a positive culture internally and building worthwhile projects in a fast-paced creative environment.
We are ideally looking for someone out of New York City but Phoenix or remote is also an option for the right person.
- Prepare and present collection concepts for relevant product development windows, aligned with seasonal creative direction.
- Execute multiple licensed headwear collections per month, with an emphasis on new fabrics, illustration, embellishments, branding, etc.
- Execute multiple rounds of revisions based on team feedback.
- Create coherent tech packs, working with manufacturing partners on the execution and edits of submitted designs.
- Build a catalog of options for usage i.e. fabrics, trims, sweatbands, lining, etc.
- Build components of a Hat Club customs core offering through on-brand differentiators.
- Conceptualize and develop, via illustration, Hat Club exclusive mascots, front logos, side patches, etc to incorporate into future collections.
- Work on assigned Hat Club collaborations, developing headwear designs on trend and on brand for all involved parties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Art or other related fields
- 4+ years of in-depth experience as designer in streetwear, sports or relevant field
- Full working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- Highly skilled in illustration / apparel graphics
- Proven experience with headwear silhouette
- Strong knowledge of various sports licenses including but not limited to MLB, NBA, NFL
- Passion for streetwear and attention to detail on market fluctuations / trends
- Experience with product collaborations for brands, artists and tastemakers
- Ability to create coherent tech packs for relevant manufacturers
- Ability to manage multiple design projects at same time
- Excellent communication skills and passion for team collaboration
- Health Insurance and Vision
- Dental Insurance
- 401K and Profit Sharing
- Product Discounts
- Paid Time Off
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letters are not really our thing. Please submit your resume and portfolio ONLY to email@example.com.