Heydude: Director, Footwear Design - Cmg & Trend
Here at HEYDUDE, we are a team of Go-To's who work together to embrace and embody our brand values in everything we do. We dare boldly, putting progress over perfection to bring our consumers and fans the most comfortable shoes on the planet. We aim to be steadfast and engage genuinely with our consumers and each other. We keep it simple, welcome all, and strive to have a "Hey Day!"
In February of 2022, Crocs, Inc. acquired HEYDUDE. This acquisition not only adds an outstanding brand to the Crocs portfolio, but provides a wealth of opportunities for teamwork, career growth, and best practice sharing across the two brands. We've experienced incredible growth in the past few years, and we need to build our teams with the most creative, passionate footwear enthusiasts in the world. That's where you come in!
Interested in being our next Go-To? Check this out!
We're looking for a Design Director, CMG & Trend to join the fastest growing brand in the footwear industry! Reporting to the VP of Design, as the Design Director you will have the opportunity to build a global collection based on comfort, style, and an easy everyday feel. We are looking for individuals that have a passion for the consumer, the HEYDUDE brand and innovation. Hey Dude thrives with those who can think big, act fast and collaborate with ease. You are an imaginative person to join us in crafting the vision for our future; to encourage, ideate, lead, and build. You will be the guide on interpreting emerging trends and consumer insights to drive the execution of seasonal color, materials, and graphics. You thrive in a fast-paced global environment collaborating cross functionally to get key partners on board. We adapt quickly, fluid, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Job descriptionWHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead, coach, and mentor your design team, by exemplifying a strong conceptualization ability, elevated trend capacity and guidance with a balanced temperament, to support timelines
- Support / cascade seasonal trend - drive energy and amplify key accounts through seasonal SMU's and Fast Lane business needs
- Operate in a fast-paced, varied seasonal calendar
- Keep up to date with emerging trends in fashion, design, film, media, art, various consumers and influencers relevant to Crocs and the design team
- Demonstrate global marketplace insights, understand key competitors and how that plays into who we are as a brand
- Know how to handle vendor, print houses, and freelance relationships through various time zones
- Ensure all projects are well-planned, creatively outstanding, and delivered timely as well as being aware of the realities of a seasonal calendar
- Lead the team efforts while also working independently to deliver on individual responsibilities. Lead, delegate accordingly, and be the connective tissue for the team
- Drive new ways of thinking through partnership with our innovation team
- You believe in the power of ideas that define brands and make consumers lives better, with a positive impact on the world
- Collaborate, inspire, and empower teams to pursue pioneering ideas that are innovative, original in the market, and within the creative / brand strategy
- Partner cross-functionally with product line management, development, and merchandising
- Ability to lead your team, whilst directing and managing the process
- Advise a team with patience. Encourage those around you
ProfileWHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of shown experience in a relevant field
- Previous people management experience required
- Extensive knowledge of color theory, color models RGB, CMYK and Pantone matching systems, materials, and graphics
- Understanding of Global marketplace and consumer
- Ability to travel domestically/globally - 25%
Title: Design Director - Color, Material, Graphics & Trends
Job Level: Director
Career Level: CL8
Salary Range: $170,000 - $190,000
Workplace Persona: Collaborator (hybrid work schedule; in the Westwood, MA office 60-80%)
This position is eligible to participate in a company incentive program.
This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and AD&D, short and long-term disability coverage, paid time off, employee assistance, participation in a 401k program that includes company match, and many other additional voluntary benefits.