h&m Retail Visual Merchandiser
Job descriptionJob Description
Role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
You set the garment presentation on the Sales Floor & Windows according to the Commercial Handbook. Together with the Department Manager you determine additional commercial opportunities in your store within the H&M brand guidelines. You execute floor moves based on those joint discussions.
- Ensure you are up to date with current fashion trends
- Share, inspire and educate the store team on seasonal trend information
- Ensure you meet customer expectations on direct service according to H&M standards.
- Support the store to achieve excellent customer service.
- Follow up the H&M Visual Identity through implementation of the Commercial Handbook and secure well-styled GTL mannequins in windows and in store.
- Create a clear red thread from windows to A-area with wearable buying suggestions.
- Ensure high quality, commercial garment presentation with good garment care every day together with store team
- Provide good concept flow by maintaining the concept layout, fixtures and navigation.
- Launch and maintain all sales campaigns and activities on time and according to H&M standards.
- Identify opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and sales with the Department Manager and then you execute changes accordingly.
- Perform sales follow-up and initiate actions to reach sales targets.
You support the store team to enhance the customer and working experience in store through coaching. Together with the Store management team you ensure that all legal requirements and H&M policies are fulfilled.
Training and Development
- Evaluate & develop the visual and commercial skills of the store team
- Coach & develop Sales Advisors while executing floor moves together
- Organize, provide and carry out visual training for all colleagues to support garment presentation in line with the Commercial Handbook.
- Seek VM potential for succession.
- Ensure that all communication in the windows and on the sales floor complies with local legislation.
Organize and plan your workload according to business needs and commercial planner. Ensure safety, security and administration procedures are always followed.
- Together with the Department Manager, you follow up on Store KPIs & initiate actions to reach store goals and budgets.
- Adapt the store planning according to store needs and budget from the Commercial plan.
- Complete and take action on the Best Brand portion of the Store Experience Tool (S.E.T.) to maximize commercial opportunities.
- Complete the sample picking as well as execute the floor moves in a way that creates clear stories and wearable buying suggestions
- Complete all sales floor and window morning routines daily before store is open
- Handle Visual Merchandiser material and visual scheme orders.
- Control quantity and condition of all incoming visual material.
- Maintain and care for all display and interior material with sustainability in mind.
- Keep visual room organized and safe.
- Share information with team on Commercial handbook seasonal changes & continue to evaluate throughout the season.
- Provide updates of all VM information material in the store.
- Ensure that the store always has enough Sale and Activity material.
- Paint the windows as necessary.
· Promote employee and customer safety
· Resolve health & safety, legal and security issues
· Prevent loss
-Associate's degree in a Fashion industry specialty preferred
- 2 years of retail visual merchandising experience
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc. ) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work with hand and power operated tools and lift in order to execute display setups - Ability to work flexible hours and extended hours at times
- May be required to travel to support other stores
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY: None