Home Textile Designer
Cozy Earth is the #299 fastest-growing company in the United States on the Inc. 5000 and a leading home luxury and apparel brand in the United States. We make products that transform home luxury through amazingly soft and temperature-regulating bedding, sleepwear, loungewear, and bath soft goods. The only brand chosen as one of "Oprah's Favorite Things" 4 years in a row in 4 different categories! The best news? We're looking for a talented Head of Merchandising to join and grow our team!
The Home Textile / Soft Goods Designer will be responsible for designing individual products and completing product lines from ideation to tech pack completion. This will include researching and designing innovations for the products for bedding, bath, and more. The ideal candidate would be a collaborative player in a cross-functional team with a focus on design innovation, leadership, and brand awareness.
- Work closely with internal and external resources to implement designs.
- Determine materials, construction, mechanisms, shape, color, and packaging.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, color, technology, and competitive products.
- Demonstrate an understanding of product usage, product lines, and specific market needs.
- Continuous innovation in solid bedding; new fibers, quilt stitches, and edge finishes that set Cozy Earth apart as a leader in design and sustainability for bedding.
- Communicate and present design concepts to various internal and external audiences.
- Help contribute to cost analysis on new product designs.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with factories and work closely with overseas partners to ensure accurate product development and on-time deliveries.
- Comment on product samples and keep them organized.
- Solid sketching and concept visualization skills.
- Proficiency in Illustrator/Photoshop.
- Ability to take projects from concept to completion of a tech pack, with manufacturing knowledge.
- General knowledge of and experience with a range of soft-good materials.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly techniques including tooling, textiles, pattern making, stitching/sewing, and related production methods.
- Understanding of sewn products quality: fit, stitches, seams, textiles, construction, etc.
- Bachelor's year degree in Design or related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a related field.
- Experience with material, color, and finish selection.