Human Resource Admin
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”About The Team
The People team at RTR is responsible for just that, our people. We’re partners to the business and work to empower every team within our business to scale through the acquisition and development of our employees.About The Job
As a Human Resources Admin, you will provide vital support for the human resources function. You will become quickly immersed into the company culture, understanding our opportunities for development and areas of impact and be empowered to share ideas and take action immediately. Your responsibilities will include general administrative tasks for new and existing employees as well as cultural initiatives, employee experience tactics and more. In this role, you will report to the HR Director and be part of a fast-paced, dynamic HR team that is highly driven and enthusiastic about supporting the business.What You’ll Do
- Respond to all inbound emails from both employees and external sources with comprehensive and clear communication in an effective and timely manner
- Lend overall support to the HR and recruiting teams
- Work closely with payroll and finance in order to set up employees properly for payroll
- Maintain digital employee records
- Facilitate on-boarding including welcome emails, first day orientation, planning and coordinating initiation activities, and overall ensuring a smooth transition into the company.
- Process unemployment requests, termination documentation, disability claims, etc.
- Complete other administrative tasks as directed
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English
- Strong communicator, must be empathetic and articulate in all communication
- Self-starter, doer personality who will take initiative from day 1
- Team player who is willing to do anything to support the team and business
- Extremely organized and strong, astute attention to detail
- Experience with Google Workspace and Workday a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.