Job descriptionOUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we're as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we're proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: "It's perfect. Now make it better." As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Although we're an apparel and footwear focused company, technology is central to everything we do. Columbia Sportswear's Intelligent Process Automation team enables business teams to increase efficiency and effectiveness while accelerating growth through engagement in high-value activities & innovation.
As Pega Architect, you will implement and manage Pega systems landscape in Intelligent Process Automation CoE, working closely with Business and Technology teams to deliver smart solutions, at speed and through automation. You'll help store, evaluate, and apply strategies to daily operations with the goal of furthering company development.
Within this role you will rely on your analytical, technical, professional, and organizational skill to implement and manage Pega applications.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Play the role of "Pega Senior System Architect (CSSA) or Lead System Architect (LSA)" and the primary for Pega Systems technical point of contact.
- Collaborate with IPA Pega Leadership and architecture teams to develop and maintain Intelligent Business Process Management (BPM) solutions.
- Implement Pega standards, processes, and best practices to deliver smart business solutions.
- Implement reusable assets and avoid customizations.
- Setup integration patterns to integrate Pega workflows with various other systems in the enterprise.
- Responsible for managing highly complex projects and ensuring change management to drive positive user experiences and engagement across disciplines
- Stay current with industry trends, conduct assessments, and provide recommendations for innovative technology solutions
- Able to communicate effectively, build relationships, and influence outcomes in a cross-functional, matrixed organization
- A Pega certified Senior System architect (CSSA) or Lead System Architect (LSA) with passion to build solutions to simplify and automate the business processes
- A proactive driver of continuous improvement opportunities across business processes and system solutions
- A relentless, versatile learner who embraces change and new ways of thinking to find business solutions.
- Customer service focused
- Collaborative and knowledge sharing with a knack for stakeholder engagement
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/ Technology and/or applied relevant experience in technology, or related fields
- 8+ years' experience in implementing Enterprise Projects related to information technology
- 6+ experience in Pega/ PRPC technology platform.
- Certified Pega Senior System Architect (CSSA) or Lead System Architect (LSA). Certification in 8.x is preferred
- 3+ years of any programing language experience, preferably Java
- Design thinking using Pega workflow features.
- Ability to convert business requirements into technical designs to implement smart business solutions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are desired for this role.
- Pega 8.x experience is preferred.
- Experience with SOA and integrations using REST and SOAP services.
- Experience in implementing applications using Pega low code capabilities and App Studio.
- Experience in Pega cosmos framework for better UI/ UX experience
- Good handle on correspondence and reporting features in PRPC
To learn more about our hiring process during COVID-19, click here.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.