In-Store Visual Merchandiser - New York, NY - 57th Street Flagship
The Visual Merchandiser will be responsible for coordinating all visual merchandising responsibilities in their flagship store, including the execution of VM guidelines, window installations, visual business strategies, store standards and VM trainings. They will strategically plan and handle their time to best support the VM department as well as the retail team to help drive efficiency while ensuring their store is presented in a luxurious way. They will report directly to the store Manager.
- Be responsible for the implementation and execution of the VM guidelines through window installations, mannequin styling and product displays according to corporate standards and timelines.
- Ensure all areas of the store are representing luxury by being detail orientated and understanding the client experience, through the window composition, special installations, product placement, etc.
- Handle and instill accountability in the store teams on the maintenance of store standards through conducting VM trainings and providing the resources vital for success.
- Collaborate closely with VM and Retail managers through walk throughs to analyze business results and shift the visual strategy for the business, while maintaining the corporate standards.
- Connect with the corporate VM team through weekly calls, photographic requests, weekly recaps, and providing feedback on displays when vital.
- Complete all VM requests throughout the month including biweekly to monthly product rotations, updates from display feedback, photo uploads and ensuring store teams understand the current VM communications.
- Prioritize and maintain all visual areas and elements in store including props.
- Support cross functional partners such as Events, Marketing, Store Planning and Facilities with brand initiatives when needed (trunk shows, external events, furniture refreshes etc.).
- Be creative and put forward visual ideas and suggestions.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Minimum 2 years of related experience.
- Minimum Associate degree preferred
- Excellent understanding of visual merchandising from a luxury retail point of view.
- Strong visual eye for detail, style, color pallet and display composition.
- Curiosity about the house of Fendi, fashion, design, and art.
- Confident, with outstanding communication skills, with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and problem-solve.
- Strong attention to detail and the passion to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work with shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in coordinating and installing window installations, be able to use hand-and-power operated tools, climb a ladder, and could lift clothing, props, mannequins etc.
- Ability to lift to 25lbs.
- Must have flexible availability: to work a retail schedule including some late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays when required.
- 100% physical labor