Innovative Apparel Designer - Sketch flat
The Technical Designer is responsible for ensuring the product maintains design intent while meeting all company margin targets and on-time deliverables.
The Technical Designers run fittings, create initial specs, make spec adjustments, create FLAT SKETCH, and communicate to the company owner.
Provides recommendations to ensure the best product is delivered. In this role, the Technical Designer will collaborate with the company owner and research team to translate the product design and style vision into a consistent fit and quality level by the development of the technical specification.
The ideal candidate for the role is a seasoned apparel technical designer, with relevant experience in the product categories he/she will lead (athletic, outdoor, gym).
In addition, the ideal candidate must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of fit fundamentals including, fabric recommendation, grading, pattern making and apparel construction and manufacturing methods.
- Lead fit session to document technical adjustments to reflect creative design’s comments around aesthetic approval and to improve the garment as it relates to adherence to specification, construction, overall appearance and fit enhancements.
- Analyze all changes & how it relates to specification & pattern then translate information concisely to a technical package.
- Develop block pattern & technical specifications by brand/classification in support of the brand profile, design vision & appropriate athlete base.
- Build technical specifications including technical illustration, construction details/seam specification, measurement spec, and trim requirements.
- Create and maintain fit matrix by brand and product type
- Track, record & organize garments & information to ensure timely fit sessions from first proto to production approval
Tech Pack Creation and Maintenance
Interpret the designer's vision & define through specifications & detail drawings for clear, concise & accurate Tech Packs on all aspects that relate to technical design; Recommend fabric silhouette compatibility that ensures execution of design intent.
Communicate with our team for tech pack and sample development questions; Problem solves in collaboration with cross-functional teams on matters pertaining to specs, patterns, construction and techniques to improve fit, balance and overall quality of garment.
Develop style specific blocks in PDM system with points graded to achieve brand consistency.
Develop sewing construction by style using most cost effective construction.
Maintain consistent quality standards through fit, and pattern analysis.
Ensure garment quality standards by requesting product performance testing as need arises.
Use experience and expertise to engineer product that fits into the targeted customers.
Give suggestions to the company owner and design based on manufacturer's ability