Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.Job descriptionJOB MISSION:
The Instructional Designer is responsible for designing and developing learning experiences and resources including online and instructor-led courses, workshops, presentations, guides, handouts, job aides, videos, and more. The Instructional Designer is part of the Global Talent COE in the Learning & Development function and reports into the Manager, Learning & Development. The Instructional Designer integrates learning solutions, user experience, visual design, and communication into all work that supports the Talent and HR strategy.
This role will be required to be on-site three days a week in either Lawrence or Brighton, MA.
- Using adult learning theory, develops and designs engaging courses and workshops.
- Designs compelling learning activities, assignments, and assessments that enhance the learning process and enriches retention of knowledge and skills.
- Creates appealing and exciting learning experiences.
- Brings visual design and immersive copywriting to each learning experience.
- Creates interactive supporting material and media such as videos, games, activities that appeal to various types of learners.
- Writes scripts for video and audio content.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods.
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner's performance and develop assessment instruments.
- Maintain project and course documentation through ongoing metrics.
- Manages online learning communities and marketing.
- 5+ Years' experience in Instructional Design
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology.
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
- Ability to apply User Experience methodology to learning.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. New Balance offers a comprehensive traditional benefits package including three options for medical insurance as well as dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. We also proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like online learning and development courses, tuition reimbursement, $100 monthly student loan support and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a yearly $1,000 lifestyle reimbursement, 4 weeks of vacations, 12 holidays and generous parental leave, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Temporary associates are provided three options for medical insurance as well as dental and vision insurance and an associate discount.
Part time associates are provided 401k, short term disability, a yearly $300 lifestyle reimbursement and an associate discount.
Flexible Work Schedule
For decades we have fostered a unique culture founded on our values with a particular focus on in-person teamwork and collaboration. Our North American hybrid model encourages rich in-person experiences, showcasing our commitment to teamwork and connection, while maintaining flexibility for associates. New Balance Associates currently work in office three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday). Our offices are fully open, and amenities are available across our North American office locations. To continue our focus on hybrid work we have introduced "Work from Anywhere" (WFA) for four weeks per calendar year. This model will help us enhance our culture while continuing to maintain elements of flexibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.