Instructional Designer, Production Studio
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams — Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning — direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike’s top areas of growth.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We seek an Instructional Designer that will design and develop learning content (digital and analog) to help stores continuously grow the cultural, service, operational and product knowledge necessary to get results across Nike Retail. You will bring to bear years of outstanding retail and digital experiences to listen and connect with our Firstline teams. This individual will use insights to develop a modern, digitally-led approach to learning and personal development.
You will use your experience creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content to develop and maintain multiple training deliverables. You will need to be a skilled and creative writer and copyeditor, including being able to explain the complex in simple terms and using the correct voice addressing an external audience. Because our world is continuously evolving, you’ll need to possess curiosity and a love of learning!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will support a variety of training programs, including: onboarding, product knowledge, serving consumers, and store operations. You will write training content, design activities and resources, and work as a thought partner with the extended training team.
You will organize, lead, and participate in meetings to gather the right content and translate information into creative and impactful training and development experiences – both digital and print. A keen sense of inquiry and the ability to distill complex information into its most critical pieces are essential. You will partner with teams to understand training needs and gain feedback and bring them together to create global consistency. You will develop content for a global audience and design learning into personal development activities to drive knowledge and skill retention.
WHAT YOU BRING
-Bachelor's degree in Education, Business, Adult learning, Instructional Design, English/Writing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in a retail store / service environment
- Experience designing and developing training content
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to influence across various leadership levels
- Experience with digital/mobile learning tools a plus
- Attention-to-detail, multitasking ability, and desire to excel in a fast-pace environment
- Proficiency with Keynote and Microsoft Office products
- Highly collaborative, globally-minded with an extremely high level of customer focus and cultural sensitivity
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work with a complex global / geo stakeholder team
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with internal partners and leaders throughout the organization
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- A passion for Nike - our product, our brand, and our mission - and most importantly, for our Athletes & our Consumers
- 3-5 years of professional work experience creating training
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.