Intern Assistant - Festival Fashion Design & Styling / Mobile Merch Vendor Sales Associate / Event Planning & Community Outreach
THE WAVY BUNCH Assistant/Intern:
Over the next few months, we’re going to be “hiring” for a part-time assistant / intern role to help us grow and expand.
The job will be part-time (some weeks more than others), flexible, and requires the travel (by car) to different festivals in Western USA. We’re looking to have multiple teams, simultaneously, at different festivals, so the right applicant would be a good team-builder and manager of other gig-work employees as well.
Seasonal Work Dates:
April – October (seasonal work from Spring through Autumn) is available and needed every year.
What we NEED in an Assistant/Intern:
We have a lot of ways we are growing and scaling our business, so finding a multi-talented, flexible, fast-paced & fun-loving intern or assistant is high-priority.
Skills & Activities Expected:
- Set up & take down at festivals & fairs.
- Interior design for styling booth at events.
- Eye for styling garments and creating outfits.
- Personal stylist, knowledge of body types & fitting.
- Bubbly, high-energy, friendly, sales person – good with upselling.
- Cleaning, ironing, steaming and photographing garments.
- SEO listing writing, (knowledge and ability to describe clothing, fibers and techniques).
- Social media marketing, content strategy (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook).
- Creating REELS, graphic designed posters, photography & editing.
- Business development knowledge (entrepreneurship management skills).
- Engaging with the community, making connections, networking.
- Can coordinate and manage teams (other festival interns and gig-workers).
- Generally creative person in the arts, music and culture scenes.
- Brainstormer with lots of ideas and problem-solving skills.
- Networker that’s good at linking community and maintaining relationships.
- Self-starter/motivated person who enjoys contributing to the world through their work.
We see THE WAVY BUNCH (parent-company) & lots of other ideas coming to light and going far in the near future! We’re excited to invest our time and resources into making more epic events, arts & culture in our world. There’s a big future full of lots of fun and creative directions, much room to expand and many areas where your creativity can shine. We’re ready to bring on a team to help us make more magic happen!
We’re expanding in the direction of the following areas:
1) Scaling our fashion business to be at multiple festivals at once.
2) Growing and scaling the NIGHT MARKET & Street Fair.
3) Creating eclectic community events and markets.
4) Immersive art activities & work in art therapy.
5) Work in the non-profit/sustainability sector.
About the Festival & Event Industry:
The festival industry is a very fast-paced working environment that’s super fun, full of life, packed with the best and most popular recent musical talents, and allows you to connect with amazing souls coming from different places all over the world.
It’s hard to call it “work” when you’re having so much fun, however, it’s NOT ALL EASY work and not for the faint of heart. Festival & event work requires long hours, long periods standing on your feet, extreme weather conditions, loud music most hours of the day, car-camping or tent-camping several nights weekly, heavy lifting, ability to work under pressure, ability to stay calm in emergencies, ability to “let things go” and stay friendly and positive with others.
Who Are You?
Are you a “people-person?” Are you a multi-faceted prodigy (hehe) with layers of skills to bring to the table? Do you have a willingness to transform and grow with a company? Do you enjoy collaborating and making connections with people from all over the world? Are you accepting of feedback? Do you want a job that’s hard work, but feels like a vacation (festivals)? Do you want to travel while living a fun, fast-paced lifestyle? Are you excited to get creative and bring your own ideas to the table? Are you a go-getter that feels accomplished by putting in the work? Do you want to bring cool new things to the world? Do you want to wear many hats and become very well-rounded in your skillset offering?
The right candidate will be someone that is willing and able to travel outside of Coeur d’Alene and Spokane on numerous weekends during the summer.
If you’re ready to have a great time, grow with a company, put your skills to good use, APPLY by messaging us with the following information: (incomplete applications will not be considered).
1) Your updated resume.
2) Link to your Instagram/social media.
3) Brief writeup about your skills and
why you’d be great for the job.
4) Contact details.