Intimate Apparel Designer-Hybrid
Come join an amazing team! Kindred Bravely is looking for a talented, experienced and enthusiasticIntimate Apparel Designer!
Kindred Bravely is an online retailer for pregnant and breastfeeding moms who want something comfortable to wear. We are a growing team of over 60+ people based all over the world. Our team culture is grateful, brave, generous, encouraging, confident, and transparent. We work together to create the best product and shopping experience possible for our customers. Oh, and did we mention we’re on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing privately held companies four years in a row? We won Shopify’s Build a BIGGER Business Competition and our award-winning product has been featured in Self Magazine, What to Expect, Ovia, BabyCenter, and Romper
Opportunity (the job):You are a self-starter that LOVES the apparel and fashion industry and has designed intimate apparel for at least five years. As an Intimate Apparel Designer, you will work closely with the Kindred Bravely team as well as manufacturers managing key tasks related to the design of our products.
Schedule:Full-time, 40 hours per week with 2 days a week in the office. We are open to helping you create a schedule that works for you.
We aim to out care the marketplace by offering:
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, vision as well as voluntary benefits (Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance).
- Free mental health services.
- Retirement and charitable donation matching.
- Paid parental leave program and tuition assistance program after 1 year.
- $50 reimbursement per month to spend on a "Random Act of Generosity".
- 40% off product discounts on the Kindred Bravely, Davy Piper, and Sensible, 15% off for friends and family.
- Amazing team culture, surprise perks throughout the year, and a really fun place to work!
We are looking for an Intimate Apparel Designer who…
- Is exceptional at whatever they do and proactively seeks to solve puzzles and find solutions. This is the most important factor in your success. You must be a self-starter who is always seeking to improve.
- Is intellectually curious, and loves to learn and grow both personally and professionally.
- Is a finisher. Must love the details of your work, and work dutifully to ensure tasks are complete and accurate.
- Can operate both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have an eye for design, and knowledge of garment construction, fabrication and fit.
- Expert understanding of intimate apparel materials used in the design and manufacturing processes.
- Experience with designing cut and sew apparel.
- Ability to go from product concept to commercialization.
- Strong Google Workspace, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop skills and CAD design experience.
- Project management software skills, preferably Asana.
- Impeccable trend sense.
- Able to bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 25 lbs, depending on need.
Responsibilities Include (But are not limited to):
- Work collaboratively with business partners to meet business objectives.
- Maintain cross-functional launch calendar and new product tracking sheet.
- Conduct market research, create mood/vision boards and color palettes for the upcoming season. Create quarterly product roadmaps.
- Develop innovative product designs including silhouette, color, print/pattern and fit.
- Prepare detailed product narratives for all new style proposals.
- Propose new categories, concepts, ideas for discussion including mockups, color suggestions, proposed fits etc.
- Create and maintain all line sheets with CADS for cross-departmental use.
- Create digital print artwork. Provide comments/approval on strike offs and lab dips.
- Work closely with product development to translate all design concepts into tech packs. Ensure styles remain on track and product vision is executed (fit, trims, colors, etc.) Work with the sourcing team to ensure margin requirements are met.
- Maintain product pipeline in Asana (Project Management Software)
- Attend weekly fit sessions with the ability to provide recommendations on improving fit.
- Lead quarterly product show & tells for remote team members
- Work closely with Creative to plan successful photoshoots. Assist with creative vision, styling, product positioning and aesthetics, color matching, model selection, mood boards, fit etc.
- Create and present PD updates at weekly all-team meetings.
If you’ve made it this far and you are as excited as we are, keep reading!
What we believe:
- She is the reason we exist: We have created a genuine connection with her. She feels seen and heard. She is an integral part of every decision we make.
- Work/Life Balance is imperative: We value both work and family and bring our best selves to each by ensuring balance.
- Team Work Makes the Dream Work: We share ideas, feedback, struggles, wins and frustrations. We care for each other professionally and personally.
- Success is Sequential; Not Simultaneous: We focus on one thing at a time.
How we act:
- We have a BIAS FOR ACTION: We move quickly. We take smart risks. We solve puzzles. We make things happen.
- We HOLD OURSELVES ACCOUNTABLE: We all own the business. We clearly communicate key metrics and standards and review them regularly. We analyze results to understand why we made a decision. We are disciplined.
- We LEAD, NOT FOLLOW: We are innovative. We are curious and resourceful. We are driven and competitive (but not with each other).
- We communicate GENUINELY & TRANSPARENTLY: With each other and with her. We are present.
- We are ALWAYS LEARNING: We improve ourselves and continually look for ways to enhance the skills and abilities of our entire team.
- We are in RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE: We out-care the competition and provide the greatest experience she has ever had with a brand.
We Hire the Best, Regardless of Their Location:
Unlike other jobs, we don’t believe that what you do should dictate whether you get to spend time with family or not.
We’re looking for people who can demonstrate they hold themselves to a higher standard in everything they do because with great flexibility comes great responsibility.
All this flexibility doesn’t mean we’re not a close-knit team…
We Hire Characters Not Positions:
We’re a small company with big aspirations, and we work hard (and have a LOT of fun) while making that happen. If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you’re a consistent high-achiever in everything you do in life - then you'll fit in well at our company.
Experience:5+ years of experience in intimate apparel design. Experience with designer cut and sew apparel
Schedule:Full-time, 40 hours per week with 1-2 days a week in the office. We are open to helping you create a schedule that works for you.
Education:Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
Location:USA - San Diego, CA, Oceanside (North County), CA or Orange County, CA (Hybrid)