Inventory Quality Merchandise Controller - Weekend Nights
TJX is an exciting place to work and we count on our Associates to bring our business to life. Staying true to our open, collaborative culture and values of honesty, integrity, and treating each other with dignity and respect is a top priority for us.
Job descriptionTJMAXX.COM & MARSHALLS.COM
MERCHANDISE CONTROL ASSOCIATES
SUNDAY/FRIDAY/SATURDAY NIGHT SHIFT
$19.50 Per Hour (plus $2.00 Shift Differential)
Discovery is at the core of everything we do - whether it's a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That's what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands: TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. Every one of our brands has one thing in common: environments that are always changing. That's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what different can mean for you.
Relaxed Dress Code - Competitive Pay - Employee Discount - Insurance - 401K!!
This position is Sunday, Friday, Saturday night shift with occassionaly overtime other nights throughout the week.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Ensures merchandise meets purchase order specifications.
- Ensures that merchandise is seasonally appropriate for zones serviced by their facility.
- Proactively addresses Vendor Compliance issues and opportunities in the way Vendors pack, ticket and ship merchandise.
- Ensures that the merchandise is of the correct value to our customers in terms of fashion, quality, price and brand.
- Challenges Marmaxx retail price and ensures that "comparable at price" on ticket reflects the company standard of 20-60% off.
- Ensures balanced mix of color, size, style and quantity in the lay-up through packing process by adhering to company shipping philosophy.
- Ensures merchandise meets fiber content, labeling, care and country of origin legal requirements. Ensures appropriateness of logos, graphics, hangtags and merchandise to our stores. Identifies poor size breaks and communicates to Planning to adjust pack size.
- Evaluates merchandise not ordered and assigns appropriate description and retail. Possesses an in-depth knowledge of merchandise technical terms, fabrications and Marmaxx standards relating to quality and size requirements.
- Creates/maintains problem status logs to ensure special handling of problem orders.
- Develops and applies in-depth understanding of all DC and Merchandise systems to effectively problem solve.
- Partners/collaborates with all appropriate resources in the DC and Home Office to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with hourly associates, DC management and P&A.
- Understands impact vs. intent and adjusts communication style to achieve optimal outcome.
- Comprehends the implication of their actions to the company's bottom line as it relates to shrink and profit.
- Ensures that damaged/problem merchandise and RTVs are identified and processed according to established guidelines.
- Ensures proper handling and timely execution of LPRs.
- Collaborates with operations to resolve issues centered around overages/shortages.
- Identifies and communicates proper receiving, handling and routing of other DCs' merchandise.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.