Jersey & Sweatshirt Menswear Designer
We are looking for a Jersey & SweatshirtMenswear Designer with jersey and graphics experience. In this roleyou work closely with designers from the Scotch Menswear collection and the managers of both ladies- and menswear collections. What distinguishes us from other brands, is that at Scotch & Soda our starting points are samples, fabrics, materials and accessories. Thus, we create collections in a very organic way. Analogue 3D-work and -design is our way of working, much more than staring at a monitor all day. Daring, trying out, sparring with colleagues and sharing opinions to bring each other to greater heights. And of course, you are always on top of the latest trends and brands.
We collect ideas, vintage samples and eye-catching prints from all over the world. To inspire ourselves. These treasures form the heart of the new collection. Together with the entire team you are in close contact with the Hong Kong office to work out our collection with our local Buying and Merchandise team and manufacturers.
Most of the time you will work in the Design Studio, vested in a former church in the heart of Amsterdam. With natural daylight entering from the dome ceiling windows and with a view of the Keizersgracht, a special inspiring place to work. Despite the tight deadlines, the atmosphere is relaxed.
Our ideal candidate:
At Scotch & Soda you end up in an inspiring and fashion-conscious team that is not afraid of deadlines and is constantly working on new ideas and possibilities.You are also the fashion designer with:
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in designing menswear and experience with jersey's, sweatshirts and polo's.
- Keen in innovating new fabrics
- CAD designer skills and/or 3D design experience
- A vintage treasure hunter and not afraid of colour, you are inspired by the authentic with a passion for reimagining it into the modern
- A love for graphics and an eye for detail
- Experience with washing, artwork techniques and fabrication
- Passion, drive, personal opinion and the ability to work well together to work
- Skills in styling and design are reflected in your portfolio, preferably supplemented with your own sketches which we can clearly see your own handwriting
- Fulltime availability
LOTS TO LOVE
Come work with us and enjoy the following benefits:
- A highly collective creative and welcoming environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an atmosphere for professional development
- To work in the most desirable offices in Amsterdam
- A 39hour working week, Fridays end at 4PM
- All Apple equipment
- 28 holiday days per year
- Onefit subscription for EUR29 a month (instead of EUR65)
- Amazing company drinks, events and parties
- Employee discounts. 28% online and in store and access to our Friends&Family sale
- Access to great company benefits around parenthood and wellbeing
- Professional help with your relocation (if applicable)
- A collective health insurance with a discount for Scotch employees and their families
- Full coverage of public transportation if you live outside Amsterdam
- A competitive salary and a annual 8% holiday pay
- A pension scheme which is 2/3 funded by Scotch & Soda
We promise you an exciting job with lots to learn and a fantastic work environment. If you feel that you could be a great addition to our team, fill in your profile and show us some of your best work. We would love to see the work that reflects you most as a person.
Phone call with the recruiter
One of our recruiters will review your application and get in contact with you if there's a match
Upon a successful phone screening, we will invite you for an interview
Short assignment or second interview
Depending on the role, we will ask you to complete a short assignment or invite you for the second interview.
You will receive an offer as soon as we make a selection - good luck!