Jewelry and Accessories Designer
JEWELRY AND ACCESSORIES DESIGNER
As the Jewelry and Accessories Designer MAREA, you will innovate and lead the design of our new pillar in jewelry and accessories. You will work closely with our Lead Designer and President to ensure that our product offerings are in line with market demands, brand vision, and financial goals. Your primary focus will be on developing, implementing, and executing jewelry and accessory designs to contribute to the company's aesthetic and growth.
Marea is a lifestyle and fashion label that is inspired by casual days and evenings by the sea. Feminine silhouettes in captivating hand block prints and a growing coastal knits collection give effortless elegance to our consumers.
Marea is a true reflection of the life and style of founder Liz Joy, mother, entrepreneur, and founder of Pure Joy Home — a community around lifestyle, motherhood, and fashion. Through the lens of that community, Liz gained her knowledge and experience with intimate details of women’s fashion and established Marea in 2022. She lives along the coastline of Connecticut, with her husband and three beautiful children.
With the beach and her family inspiring her daily life, Liz envisioned a fashion label with an elevated approach — comfortable fabrics, elegant silhouettes, captivating prints, one of a kind dresses that make every woman feel confident and let her inner beauty shine.
- Work closely with creative director and lead designer on concept to coincide with seasons, material sourcing and presentations
- Assist in research of seasonal trends
- Organize materials, source vendors, and track development
- Execute sketches and techs in Illustrator
- Work with production to maintain design concept through out production process.
- 3-4 yrs design experience in jewelry
- Jewelry design degree
- Hand sketching
- Creative sense and ability
- Trend/ fashion awareness
- Technical sketch ability (flat and illustration)
- Working knowledge of fashion jewelry construction and materials
- Motivated to learn and work
- Team player
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Good follow through and sense of urgency
- Excellent color sense
- Self directed
- Demonstrated ability to do creative, focused visual presentations