Jewelry Consultant (Sales)
As a member of the store team, your role as a jewelry consultant is to develop strong customer relationships while maximizing sales performance as a jewelry expert. You will help provide exceptional store experiences for each and every customer while developing your skills as a salesperson and teammate.
As a leader in the jewelry industry for four generations and as the largest family-owned jeweler in the U.S., Shane Co. serves our customers with an unparalleled standard of excellence. Our people get to share in our customers’ milestone moments such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, and everything in between. We are looking for passionate, fun, vibrant individuals who want to be a part of our dynamic company culture in a retail environment.
Our goal for you is to give you an employment experience like no other so you wake up and want to come to work every day! If you love being part of a tea m as well as providing personal attention to every customer, this is the place for you!Responsibilities
As a member of a high performing team, you will be providing excellent service and helping team members do the same. Daily responsibilities may include:
- Providing sales presentations based on the features and benefits of our products, closing sales, and clienteling with existing customers.
- Cultivating an in-depth knowledge of our products to provide the best experience possible for our customers.
- Maximizing sales utilizing teamwork, peer to peer coaching, Floor Direction, and methods of selling such as personalizing the sale to the unique needs of the customer.
- Assisting with maintaining accurate inventory of all merchandise and ensuring merchandise security.
- Participating in and exemplifying our company culture.
- Partnering with the Store Visual Merchandiser to understand and help uphold all merchandising standards including case presentation and storytelling.
- Performing duties related to opening or closing the store.
No jewelry experience? No problem! We will provide you with the training you need to be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of our merchandise, represent our brand, and create an exceptional store experience for each and every customer. In addition, we care about your personal experience as an employee and providing you with career development opportunities.Qualifications
- Prior sales or customer-facing experience required. Retail sales or hospitality industry experience preferred with the ability to present features and benefits of unique products. Prior experience with jewelry sales is neither relevant nor required… we will teach you!
- We are available to our customers when they need us so evening and weekend availability is a must. (Though unlike most retailers, we are closed on major holidays!)
- Genuine enjoyment in working with people is necessary; we love our customers!
- High performing and driven to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Great listener… we need you to listen to each customer’s needs.
- Great ability to provide and receive feedback from peers, supervisors, and customers and adapt behavior with coaching.
- Ability to maintain customer relationships in a changing sales environment.
- Energetic team player.
- Must possess a high level of visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Excellence in written and spoken English is required; you will communicate with our customers and home office team members in writing as well as face to face. Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Proactive and goal-driven individuals who are confident in themselves and undaunted by challenges will have the best success in this role. Strong initiative, resourcefulness, and communication skills are important, as well as the ability to achieve results through collaboration and thinking creatively. The ability to communicate with each of our unique customers and being able to adapt to their needs is necessary, as is a commitment to results. The ability to work as part of a team while maintaining excellent personal performance is a quality of successful candidates.Work Environment
The primary environment for this role is a bright, well-lit, retail store. Standing and walking are required a significant portion of the time. This role requires bending, reaching, twisting, stooping, and occasional lifting of objects. Most business is conducted with customers in person. Manual dexterity, visual acuity, and color discernment are required at a very high level and with high frequency. This role is not a remote role.Why Work for Shane Co.?
Shane Co. is a family owned business and everyone who works in our organization is part of the family. This family point of view is exactly why we want to take care of you AND your family.
- We want driven and competitive people who help us satisfy our customers’ needs. In our stores, we do not sell on commission, we offer a competitive base rate and we bonus based on team performance.
- We focus on providing you a time off package that is very generous for retail! It is important for us to be available when our customers need us. Our store employees do work weekends and evenings. However, you accrue 3 weeks of vacation in your first year! In addition, you also earn 6 sick days per year. We are closed on 7 holidays (unlike most retailers), AND we pay you for one volunteer day per year! The longer you work with us, the more vacation time you earn.
- Unlike other companies who just offer low paying disability insurance to cover your major illness situations, we offer the ability to earn time off at FULL pay for the care of yourself or a family member! When your family needs you, we want you to be able to be there for them.
- We offer very competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as a 401 (k) plan with a company match, company paid life insurance, and flexible spending accounts for medical, daycare or mass transit commuting expense. We also offer a number of discounted voluntary benefits including long-term disability, life insurance for your dependents, pet insurance and even things like discounted travel and movie tickets!
- We have benefits focused on you AND any family member (Partner, children and even your parents!) including counseling, legal advice, assistance in finding appropriate medical specialists and even help in understanding medical bills!
- And, of course, we offer a generous discount in our stores or online for you AND your family members!
Pay starting at $28.00 per hour based on candidate's experience and skills, plus opportunity to bonus monthly based on team performance.
Employer will not sponsor visa or work authorization.