Jordan Planning Director
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness. Employees in merchandising, product branding, sports marketing and sales bring creativity, innovation and audacious design to footwear and apparel, all with one mission in mind: help athletes fly on and off the court.
The Demand and Supply Management (DSM) serves as the Nike planning function combining insights and analytics to sense and craft how much product consumers will want, where and when they’ll want it. This offense combines work in the Merchandise Financial Planning (MFP), Assortment Planning, Supply & Inventory management and Integrated Business Planning sub functions to support a more flawless and flexible approach to serve consumers and drive inventory efficiency for NIKE and our partners.
DSM is revolutionizing how planning is done across Nike by ensuring Consumer Demand is Nike Demand. Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Jordan Planning Director, to join our team!
As the APLA Jordan Planning, Director, you will play a meaningful role in defining, crafting, and setting consumer demand, while also have a sharp focus on Mens, Womens & Kids business across the Brand. You will apply your subject matter expertise across various APLA functional areas in Product, Merchandising, Finance, Consumer Insights and Planning to focus on the Consumer first as we plan for future Nike Product and Consumer needs.
A people oriented leader, who will lead the team in multi-season planning across Merchandise Finance Plans, and Assortment plans. The Director will triangulate high-level retail insights with Finance, Product, Merch, Marketing and Global leadership teams to enable a flawless E2E Consumer plan.
We need you to assess consumer and marketplace insights and translate it to future marketplace risk and opportunity, applying critical thinking and problem-solving. You will communicate your plans to Senior leaders across different functions and make fact-based decisions in a collaborative way advised by collective expertise, strategic business priorities, team member input, and most importantly data-driven metrics. You will represent APLA DSM at the APLA Jordan Leadership table and act as part of the critical triad of Planning (DSM), Marketing and Merchandising.
WE NEED YOU TO BE ABLE TO:
1. Lead, coach and develop the team
2. Take risks and move with agility through a quickly changing environment
3. Have an innovation approach and simplify ways of working
4. Have a consumer centric approach on solutions and decision making
5. Communicate optimally and influence senior leadership how the enterprise needs to move forward based on data insights and future forecast
6. Identify future marketplace risk/opportunities and problem solve against them
7. Develop forecasting scenario’s within your team that take into account comprehensive marketplace and industry trends and business strategy
8. Drive alignment and clarity across cross functional partners
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Develop the team through coaching, mentoring and performance development.
- Lead and Drive Strategy and execution for Jordan Planning and represent APLA Planning across Jordan’s strategic discussions.
- Lead the building of the APLA Jordan Plan based on signals from multiples internal and externals sources. Connecting closely with Marketing/Merch partners as to other cross functional teams. (Finance; Strategy; Commercial Analytics; Consumer Insights; Geo (Womens, Mens and Kids) Consumer Planning and Supply Planning).
- Drive and facilitate adaptable demand alignment cross consumer & marketplace for long range and cross season.
- Lead key franchise/ classification forecasts to inform accurate sourcing and supply decisions with GSP partners
- Support strategic work around corporate deliverables – CSR, QBR, etc..
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You’ll report to the VP, APLA DSM and you will dotted line to the APLA Jordan GM. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional partners in Consumer Planning, Merchandising, Marketing, Marketplace, Consumer Insights, Commercial Analytics, Supply Planning, Global Consumer Planning, Jordan leadership team, and other functional teams as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum 8 years proven experience in Business, Retail, Planning, Sales, or Finance
- Knowledge of Jordan Brand and Streetwear market is a plus, but not mandatory
- Passion for people and shown leadership in talent development and coaching
- Ability to translate current realities to future strategy and vision
- Working knowledge of Retail Metrics (Sales, Inventory, Sell thru, Weeks of Supply, Trend based forecasting, revenue and margin impacts on line planning structure), and the ability to manipulate data for scenario planning purposes
- Deliver clear and concise verbal and written communication, with presentation proficiency.
- Ability to use data analytics and financial sales data to build consumer-led decision making
- Interest in, and understanding of, consumer, marketplace and retail trends
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.