Jr Apparel Product Designer
Our client is looking for an Jr Apparel Product Designer to join their team! This role would work closely with the product design team to make sure each product produced is consumer-focused and on brand and would interpret trend direction into styles that are consistent with the brand and tells a story. The position is hybrid with 2-3 days onsite.
- Create and maintain design information across body, color, fabric and material reference tools
- Build Adobe Illustrator CADs for carryover and modified styles while providing support for development of seasonal, replenishment and special event lines
- Sketch unique designs in Illustrator that convey body, styling, fit intent, fabric, trim and color
- Attend fittings and provide support and feedback
- Create and maintain CAD silhouette and color palette libraries in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Create black and white Illustrator sketches for development tech packs
- Create inspiration mood boards and conduct competitive market research
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design, Merchandising, or related field with 0-2 years of professional experience -OR- 2 years of experience working as an apparel designer
- Knowledge of apparel design, fabrics, trims, garment styling and construction techniques
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Knowledge of trends, consumer insights, new opportunities, and competition
- Ability to work cross-functionally with teams
- Familiarity with Licensed properties with a passion for products and design
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.