Jr. Color & Trend Designer
Position at KEEN Footwear
General SummaryThe Junior Color & Trend Designer assists product line merchandising and collection building by creating color CADs and 3D color renderings that describe color and material details to be shared with product developers, product managers, and design management.
- Illustrates color CADS and renderings of footwear designs in Adobe Illustrator. Updates Upper CAD line art and color tech packs throughout the season
- Creates unique color and materials concepts for assigned projects
- Produces designs and concepts according to specified design guidelines
- Supports the alignment of the product teams by identifying weak or missing information and providing clarification of details
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to establish color and materials plans
- Communicates creative vision and direction to design counterparts across the organization to support successful cross-functional partnerships and ensure a unified product creation process from concept to completion
- Aides in coloring 3-D prototypes using scanned digital materials and applied color application to existing 3-D assets
- Creates and organizes shoe box line art for each style each season.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field is required
- One to two (1-2) years of relevant work experience, or a combination or education and experience. Graphic design experience is preferred
- 3-D software and rendering software experience is preferred
- Experience with a Product Line Management (PLM) system is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office products, and MAC OS
- Demonstrated understanding of color theory and/or color application in products, artistic expression, graphic design, painting, or product design
- Personal expression or aptitude in fashion, style, color coordination, trend, product design, design trends, and/or outdoor industry
- Basic knowledge of interdependencies between design and development, and the ability to drive collaboration between the groups
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to perform according to the expectations of the company culture and values is required
This position will not require travel
Why Work at KEEN:Driven by a passion for life outside, KEEN is a values-led, independently owned brand from Portland, Oregon, that’s on a mission to create original and versatile products, improve lives, and inspire outside adventure. Founded in 2003, KEEN launched a revolution in the footwear industry with the introduction of the Newport adventure sandal, and has donated more than $18 million to non-profit organizations and causes around the world to promote responsible outdoor recreation, including conservation efforts to protect open spaces. KEEN strives to show the world through its products and its actions that a business for good can actually be good for business. By giving back, reducing impact, and activating communities and individuals to protectthe places where we work and play, KEEN puts its values in motion and takes action to leave the world a better place.
At KEEN, we believe in a more just and equitable future for all people. As a global brand, we acknowledge that our business, buildings, and daily lives exist within the traditional territories of indigenous peoples. We strive for a future that recognizes the knowledge, rights, and resilience of these peoples.
KEEN Footwear is an equal opportunity employer. We value an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.